cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Switching from Canada/US plan to Canada only + US add-on

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

UPDATE: Problem solved but still a mystery. Turns out Roaming was turned off on his phone and is now working when he turned it on. The mystery is that his Canada/US plan had been working for the 3 months he has been in Florida with Roaming turned off.

——————————————-

I am trying to troubleshoot for an elderly friend who is currently in Florida. He is not tech savvy. He was on a Canada/US plan for the last 3 months that was working fine but because he is driving back to Canada in the next few days and his plan was up for renewal today, he decided he wanted to switch back to his original $15 plan + US Data/Call/Text add-on. I helped him do that yesterday but since then he has completely lost service. I’m at a loss as to how to help him because it was all working well up until the point of switching plans. He has an iPhone 6s.

5 REPLIES 5

@colleeno 

so when you log in to his account, is the new $15 plan active and he has a 15 Day US Roaming add-on successfully applied ?

colleeno

Yes, he supposedly has done that. Most of the frustration now is that it is difficult to get in touch with him. 

colleeno

I logged into his account yesterday and was on the phone with him at the same time. He received the 2FA which I used to log in. I changed his plans for him while we were on the call and, as I did that, the call dropped and he has been without service since.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@colleeno 

has he tried shutting down the phone completely...then restarting it ? Tell him to give that a try.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@colleeno can be login My Account?? if he has no service and cannot receive 2FA, click Didn't receive code and then Send email. After logged in, click Change Subscription and you can change the plan

if he cannot login, open ticket with PM support and they can help with login and plan change 

Please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.