cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Incoming calls from the USA

Fxst2001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a friend who used to call me weekly from PA, USA.  No problem receiving their calls.  A month or so ago this changed.  When they call, I can answer the call, and hear them for a few seconds, and then the call is severed.  Subsequent attempts to call me go to voicemail, immediately, or don’t even get that far.  It rings once and hangs up.  I can phone them, no problem, but they cannot phone me for some reason?  What might be the problem?

4 REPLIES 4

Fxst2001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks to all for the comments/suggestions.  I am trying the possible solutions today and will let you know!  👍

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Any problems with incoming calls from Canadians?

Any chance that you accidently blacklisted your friend's number in your phone's contact list?

If other incoming calls are working fine it might be a problem on your friend's side.

Unless I missed a significant technology change in the past month or so, there is no restriction on incoming calls from outside of Canada. I regularly receive calls from my French relatives without any problems, most recently on Christmas eve.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Fxst2001 

If the calls suddenly goes to voicemail then there is a weak signal or outage.

Check outage map:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Fxst2001   it is a weird thing

Of course, reboot your phone first  🙂

I would just also change the Preferred network type to 3G ONLY first.  Check the phone connect well .

And let see if your friend can call you and have good calls next time

Need Help? Let's chat.