cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Activation

kgli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently having issues getting my plan activated through the mobile app. After the page for entering the info for porting a number, I was led to an activation process. The process failed and it won't let me retry. When I try to get support, it just redirects me to Facebook. Please help me activate me service! The app experience is very frustrating.

4 REPLIES 4

@kgli wrote:

I checked my CC and I do see a change from PM, so I think the charge went through. I had to switch browsers in order to get it past the login stage. I got through the payment and number porting part, but it seems to be having trouble activating the plan itself. Hopefully the agent can sort this out. I opted for the eSim version, and haven't received an email for the QR code, so that's not an option ATM.

@kgli 

CSA should be able to help.  Check your private message inbox for reply.  Envelope icon on the upper corner of website. 

kgli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I checked my CC and I do see a change from PM, so I think the charge went through. I had to switch browsers in order to get it past the login stage. I got through the payment and number porting part, but it seems to be having trouble activating the plan itself. Hopefully the agent can sort this out. I opted for the eSim version, and haven't received an email for the QR code, so that's not an option ATM.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@kgli 

First check if your credit card was charged.  If not charged, try again but maybe try on the website first.  The PM app seems to use the phone's default browser.  Maybe clear cache on your browser on the phone and try again on app. 

If charged, if you activated physical SIM card, try to insert PM SIM card. 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kgli 

As you are a new customer experiencing issues with activation you have two options for support.

1. There is this  live chat support that is specifically for new customers experiencing activation issues: 

https://services.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

2. Message customer service using the community mailbox, although this may take longer to get a response. 

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

Once they solve your activation error, have them look into the status of your port, they can re-trigger the port for you if needed once the account activation issue is sorted out.

Need Help? Let's chat.