cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem getting US roaming to work

pjk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased the US roaming add-on, but now that I am in the US, I am not able to get any service. I have no cell service. My mobile data is on, and I also turned on data roaming. However, I noticed that Public Mobile seems to be partnered with T-Mobile, and T-Mobile is not on the list of local networks that show up when I try searching. Am I possibly just in a dead zone, or is there a step that I'm missing? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

pjk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for all the suggestions! I had doublechecked that I had actually completed the add-on purchase--it was listed under My Data & Add-Ons. After checking with some of the locals, it seems we're in a bit of a dead zone. Verizon comes in, but AT&T & T-Mobile are both iffy. But when I went to the next town over, I suddenly started getting notifications and was able to connect. Thanks again!

(dead zone for both US partners ..... Luddite)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pjk  - if you see the addon listed in your Plan Detailshttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/

OR,

under your My Data & Add-ons section: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ depending on which type of ROAMING addon you purchased, then try restarting your phone, or perform a reset of your device's network settings.

These action can help you connect to the right network... when your Roaming is enabled on your device, that is.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

It should be showing up for sure,  very rare for it to not show up, you should see both T-Mobile and AT&T at the very least so it sounds like it is the 2 step snag and you still have to do the second step

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@pjk 

Buying an add on is a 2 step process. You add the funds and then you need to go back in to make the purchase. Confirm you have the add on by going into self service and looking under My Data & Add-Ons.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you sure you did the second step of purchasing add-ons? Do you still see the amount in your balance? Can you find AT&T? But T-Mobile should be preferred.

Need Help? Let's chat.