cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem finding 12 digit code from the gift card

rinlapas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Today I bought a $20 Public Mobile gift card from a local Shoppers drug mart, however, I couldn't find the 12 digit number voucher on the receipt. I asked the cashier and she couldn't find the number either. She said that there's no number showing up on the cashier system and that I should contact Public mobile directly.

I'm really confused by this incident. I even went back to the store for the second time to reprint the receipt of my purchase and there's nothing that they could help me with. I tried inserting different numbers on my receipt and gift card that might be able to work but no luck.

I do know that the gift cards are non-refundable and non-changeable, so I'm really confused on what I should do. I really hope that someone could help me resolve this problem and hope that I wouldn't just waste $20 for nothing.

I also attached the photo of my receipts to make my explanation more clear.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

@rinlapas glad it is all sorted out   You are lucky actually,  issue with viucher or giftcard, once you left the store, it is kind of hard to get it resolved 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Good for you for going back @rinlapas ! Glad you got the funds sorted.

kudos to those who knew the issue all along @computergeek541 and @darlicious 

rinlapas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone for your help. I finally got the issue resolved today.

It turned out that the cashier actually didn't give me the second receipt where my PIN should be printed on as @darlicious mentioned.

I asked for the store manager and she was able to retrieve the PIN from the transaction history and printed it out to me again. I guess the problem was with the cashier who threw away the first part of my receipt where the PIN number is without knowing (?)

But everything is fine and I'm able to add $20 to my account now.

Thanks for your help again everyone.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hairbag1 

You didn't dig far enough into the voucher catalogue.

@rinlapas 

The clerk at shoppers drug mart should have given you two printouts one is your receipt and one is your public mobile voucher here's an example of one in the voucher catalogue.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/507377/highlight/tr...

Edit:

Since the clerk didn't know what he or she was doing they should have known that they punch a code into the cash register and a public mobile voucher prints out of their receipt printer. call that shoppers drug mart and ask for the manager and explain what has happened. And ask them to check their cash out from that till because it won't reconcile with the vouchers that we're printed for public mobile the cash out will have an extra $20 in their cash.

The subject of this post "...gift card" is telling, isn't it - Not a voucher.

The question is, did you receive anything else other than that paper receipt in your photos?

@rinlapas - you paid $20 plus taxes, and it references your 'gift card' number on the receipt. So this must have come with a card similar to what @hairbag1 is showing a picture of.

esjliv_0-1662634778721.png

This card should be essentially like cash used to topup (well, no more i guess), or purchase vouchers. So (as hairbag suggested go back to shoppers to buy a pm voucher, or any other location that sells vouchers and use that plastic gift card to buy it).

Locations to obtain some vouchers: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

...but computergeek says there are no more gift cards...puzzling 🤔

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rinlapas...this is showing a $40 Payment card...is this the card you bought (only the $20 version)?

hairbag1_0-1662608488306.jpeg

copied from @darlicious voucher catalogue

@hairbag1 wrote:

You bought a gift card...but sounds like you shoulda bought a Public Mobile payment voucher.

Take the gift card to SDM and redeem it for PM payment vouchers...which should have the 12 digit code. Those vouchers are activated right away so no waiting period.

editd..

.you can add them to your acct by dialing 611,

The customer's receipt said something about a Public Mobile product being sold. There's no such thing as Public Mobile gift card.  Etiher way, whatever SDM wants to call it, the receipt never had any "gift card" or voucher code on it. There should have been a sepearate piece of paper with that on it.  In the old days, there would be a plastic credit-card-like object that would have a scratch area to reveal the code.

@hairbag1   they have Public Mobile gift card?  What can you do with it? 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You bought a gift card...but sounds like you shoulda bought a Public Mobile payment voucher.

Take the gift card to SDM and redeem it for PM payment vouchers...which should have the 12 digit code. Those vouchers are activated right away so no waiting period.

editd..

.you can add them to your acct by dialing 611,

@rinlapas 

Originally, I thought that you had posted the voucher number.  Generally, you should never post images of such receipts.  If the voucher PIN had been on the receipt, that would have made it very easy for anyone to steal it from you.

I can tell you that SDM only gave you a cash register receipt but that there is no voucher PIN on it.  Essentially, they charged you but there's no product there.

Need Help? Let's chat.