cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem With New Account (Receiving Calls)

ScarlemKing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday I set up an account with Public Mobile and ported my previous number. Shortly after, I received a message advising to "provide the correct account number from your previous service provider", to complete the transfer. I decided to wait, as I had given my PIN and account number correctly, and then today recieved another message stating that my "transfer request has been completed successfully". However, I discovered that although I can send and recieve texts, while also making phone calls myself, along with using data, when others try to call me, they get a message telling them my "number is not in service", meaning that I can not recieve calls for some reason. IMG_3128.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

9R3W4L
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@ScarlemKing I have transferred my number to PM only today. Until yesterday I had the same problem as you and I got the same suggestion from fellow PMers to escalate the problem to the moderators. Which I did, and the answer I got from moderator was: your phone number transfer from your previous provider will complete tomorrow at 1:13pm at which time you will receive the text confirming the transfer. So today at the exact time given by moderator, i received the text confirming transfer and since then my ohine is working fine.

So either you can wait to receive the text or you can escalate your problem to moderator, who will still tell you to wait for the text confirming transfer but only he will be able to tell you time of transfer. BTW transfer took roughly 55 hours for me, but for you it could be different.

ScarlemKing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank You, Ill see what happens.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@ScarlemKing wrote:

Yesterday I set up an account with Public Mobile and ported my previous number. Shortly after, I received a message advising to "provide the correct account number from your previous service provider", to complete the transfer. I decided to wait, as I had given my PIN and account number correctly, and then today recieved another message stating that my "transfer request has been completed successfully". However, I discovered that although I can send and recieve texts, while also making phone calls myself, along with using data, when others try to call me, they get a message telling them my "number is not in service", meaning that I can not recieve calls for some reason. 

@ScarlemKing  I suggest sending a message to the moderator team and explaining the situation. Click this to send them a message.

Need Help? Let's chat.