cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Porting number Out

livingviva
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello there, I am currently on a 90 day prepaid plan with public mobile ending on may16th. Now I need to switch to Telus on a corporate plan, I have given the account number i see when i log into my public mobile account(top right drop box), but the telus rep have told me I have given them an invalid number? Is there another account number for porting out? the number i gave them is 10000000xxxxxx, does this format seem correct? Or is it just the last 6 digit for account number? Thanks in advance for any help!

8 REPLIES 8

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@livingviva

I'm sorry to hear about this! 

There is nothing wrong on our side, can you ask them to contact our porting department? 

They should have all the info 🙂 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

livingviva

Hello,

I did have them try it again, still not able to port. Is there anything on public mobile side like they could block the port or need to unblock something? Would it be something to do with telus and public being in the same network? I am just looking for a solution here, just can't get it to work. Thanks

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@livingviva

Thank you! I verified and everything is correct. Please ask them to re-submit the request. 

If anything please let us know.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Can you please send me a private message with your account number and I will verify? 

Please also include the phone number that you are trying to port out. 

Thanks,

Shazia

livingviva

Hello

Yes I have given the exact number of 0s, 7 to be precise. But they still cannot do the port?

what could be the problem here?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @livingviva

The account number is indeed the one that you see on the top right side 1000000xxx. 

Please make sure that you are giving the exact amount of 0's. 

Thanks,

Shazia

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@livingviva

That's exact. You can try to give those numbers just after the zeros. 

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Looks good to me, its the account number I provided the mods (here) and they were able to help me... maybe for Telus or outsiders it's only the last 6 digit? EDIT: see moderator response

Any idea @Shazia_K?

Need Help? Let's chat.