cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Difference from advertised to real plan

BrianWray
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used the "Create Your Plan" under the Plans tab, and selected a 90 Days plan with Province Wide calling, Global TExt and 3GB data at 4G (the icon does say 4G LTE). The advertised price was $111.

Advertised PriceAdvertised Price

So I decided to sign up. I ordered a SIM card. A few weeks later and I am now  going through the process of activating the card. I arrived at the step to choose my plan. I made the exact same selection, but now the price is $150. I checked and the "Create Your Plan" still indicates $111. 

Real PriceReal Price

Even if the "Create Your Plan" was indicating 3G prices (but the icon clearly indicates 4G), the plan still comes to $126, which is still more than the advertised price of $111. 

Can someone explain the price difference. I do want to switch, but at the advertised price.

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo oh good, it was honoured?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo
I'll take a glitch in my favor any time. Managed to get it for dad and futuredated it for mom.

@mimmo wrote:

ie the talk and text no data is now 65$/ 90 days and not 81  (jumping on that for my mom)

Limited time glitch Smiley Wink

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @BrianWray,

The prices will be changing and taking effect in the afternoon. Please do send me a private message and we'll look into it for you 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

mimmo

@BrianWrayI think that is what mary is saying,  but as the home page states differently I would hope they honour the pricing for you.

@ShawnC13  on the homepage under plans it  does not show 3g or lte it just shows data.  so old plans are on the home page new ones (which are more costly) when you actually pick a plan.  

even our standby $40/month 2gb plan is now gone 😞 its gone up by $13/month)

BrianWray

I currently pay $152.94 taxes included with my current provider for 3 months ($50.98/month) so switching to Public Mobile at $150+taxes  for $172.50 is no longer an option. Sorry, but these new rates has me cancelling my activation. 

@mimmo, it looks like he originally wanted LTE 3GB and it came to $111 but now 3GB of LTE is $150.  He could get 12GB (+6GB Bonus) 3G for $156.  For 3gb (+3GB) of 3G is would be $126

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

BrianWray

I just tried again, and the price is still $150. Are you saying that the price of $150 is correct and that the price jumped from $111 to $150? 

mimmo

@Mary_M  i think the issue is that what the rate calculator shows and what the the home page shows are two differet things.

ie the talk and text no data is now 65$/ 90 days and not 81  (jumping on that for my mom)

the 111$ 3gb/90   that bryan wanted is now more costly.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Sorry about that everyone - keep an eye on our website throughout the day as some changes will be made! I also want to reassure everyone that all new customers will be able to view the new options on the activation portal - all existing customers will be able to view the changes within the next few hours on our website 🙂

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@Mary_M, that is great to see all the new data plans but the plan page from the main page is not showing these and I think that is the issue.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ninizinzu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe since this is a promo deal, the prices are not adjusted automatically. Once you activate your account, they will fix this issue. 

When I changed my plan from Freedom mobile to this, I had to select 6gb/90 day deal. However, the promo stated 12gb/90 days. It was fixed shortly after when I contacted one of the mods. 

You may want to contact the mods to get an accurate answer but in my opinion this shouldn't be a problem. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @BrianWray and @mimmo,

We currently have some new pricing and the plan calculator has been updated to reflect the new prices. Check out our data plans 🙂

Regards,

Mary

mimmo

hmmmm I think you are  seeing some new rate plans and options being offered.  Pretty sure they are not supposed to be visable  to the public yet. or it could be a new glytch.  I think only a mod can suggest a solution.  I  saw the same screen uder change plans.

@CS_Agent  any suggestions

Need Help? Let's chat.