cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous carrier's VM is still on my phone after porting my number yesterday

Robert2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am now a member of Public Mobile - the phone does work for outgoing calls, and it does say Public Mobile on the top right of my phone screen. PROBLEM: my previous carrier, virgin mobile, still has a voicemail on my number and it is intercepting all of my incoming calls - my phone goes straight to THEIR voicemail...  My number is 1-613-xxx-xxxx and I am brand new here as of yesterday. 

Edit: removed personal information

4 REPLIES 4

HI @Robert2024 

the text issue is another problem that PM current has with new activation.  They can fix that text issue.   please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

Robert2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot text either - just checked. Ok I will look for that number

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Robert2024 

Are you able to receive texts in your original VM number?  

If not, then your porting was not processed properly.  Did you respond "yes" to VM's port request text?  

I will private message you the Telus team porting team number.  They can check the status of the port. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Robert2024 

Did you get a text from the old carrier, did you reply YES?

and can you receive inbound phone calls, especially from Non-Telus/Koodo/PM phone?  If you cannot the port was not done

It could be an incomplete port.  PM porting support team can help.  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

Need Help? Let's chat.