cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid Visa

KAT_0000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to use a prepaid Visa card on my account. I tried to add it to My Payments. However, it’s not accepting it. I did verify that there is money on there. I think it’s the postal code that’s tripping me up? Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Kristal

11 REPLIES 11

aerokit88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just bought and used successfully a Vanilla Prepaid Visa. Bought from a local 7-11. 

image.jpg

KAT_0000

Yes, Shoppers Drug Mart only sells cards not vouchers. They normally stock PM cards but they were out (of course) as I mentioned. Thank you for your suggestion, I purchased a voucher with the prepaid Visa. Some irony there with buying the Joker card.  😊

KAT_0000

I didn’t even think to find a site/app where you could purchase a voucher online. Went to recharge.com as suggested and that worked. I did have to pay an additional $5.97 for a $20.00 voucher but hey, better than driving from convenience stores to gas stations hoping they have PM vouchers. Thanks very much!  ♥️

Out of PM cards? Don't they just sell them from a terminal? Anyway, I agree with the above. Buy a voucher to top up and then use the card to buy a few coffees or add it as a payment method in whatever apps. If you're close to a Mobil gas station then you could use the real time payment method. There are others. Also other online places for vouchers.

That Joker appears to have another layer of bank behind them other than just Peoples Trust that seem to do all these things. Which exact version of Joker did you get?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@KAT_0000 

use all capital letters

you can also use recharge.com 

KAT_0000

I purchased a Joker Prepaid Visa from Shoppers Drug Mart. They were out of PM cards so I thought this would be okay. It’s activated and I also registered it as well. No go. Been dealing with this since 5:00 p.m. AND my bill is due at 2:00 this morning. Ugh.  😐

Which actual card brand did you get? A while ago I found that MyVanilla would not work but Vanilla would.

KAT_0000

Hi,

I entered the card number (correctly) expiry date and 3 digit code on the back of the card. I entered my postal code since what else could I enter? 

Thanks

@ChuckYeah wrote:

No spaces in postal code?

No apt/unit numbers

Is the rule of thumb.

Does it have an expiry date?

As I'm sure that you know, spaces should never be entered as part of a postal code when it comes to credit card transactions.  When it comes to Public Mobile, spaces wouldn't make a difference as the Self Serve website ignores spaces in the postal code. Even if a customer presses the spacebar/types a space, the website will disregard that and save it without one.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

No spaces in postal code?

No apt/unit numbers

Is the rule of thumb.

Does it have an expiry date?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KAT_0000 Prepaid Visa will work.  

Please wait a full hour first.  Then use Incognito mode to login My Account and try again 

Need Help? Let's chat.