cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preferred LTE networks disable receive/make phone calls

fdocruzs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When my preferred network is LTE (recommended), I cannot make or receive phone calls only when I set it to 3G then there is no problem. How/When will this be solved?

8 REPLIES 8

fdocruzs

I switch the card into an Iphone and I have the same problem, only with 3G I can make/receive phone calls (voice), hence I don't think is a bug on my Pixel phone, is something with the network!!

@fdocruzs , there's must be a software bug in the phone.  LTE preferred means exactly that.  If and when 3G service is required, the phone will automatically change network to accommodate.  It seems like your phone is functioning as if it's LTE only.  If reset doesn't resolve the problem, I guess you are stuck with running 3G for now and hope for VoLTE to come along soon. 

@fdocruzs wrote:

My phone is a Pixel 4, and the issue started happening a couple of weeks ago, this is my second post, related to this nad basically is always when is set to LTE. And the issue is only with voice, data/text always work fine on either LTE/3G. It is ONLY voice that only works as 3G

@fdocruzs   yes, cos data and text work on BOTH LTE and 3G.  Voice only works on 3G

As said, it looks like a slow switching network on your phone is the cause

Do you see it a non-issue when you are in another area?  Test it out

fdocruzs

Yup, I reset settings, off/on the phone, any other idea?

fdocruzs

My phone is a Pixel 4, and the issue started happening a couple of weeks ago, this is my second post, related to this nad basically is always when is set to LTE. And the issue is only with voice, data/text always work fine on either LTE/3G. It is ONLY voice that only works as 3G

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @fdocruzs   what kind of phone do you have?

if you are on 3G speed plan, it actually ok to leave it in 3G

But you can try your PM sim card in another phone to test out to rule out if it is just a phone issue.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fdocruzs   PM uses ONLY 3G network for voice and data works on LTE/4G and 3G.  Your phone usually will automatically swtich from LTE to 3G when calls come 

it is possible your have weak 3G signal and it takes longer to swtich and unable to grab the 3G signal in time

But, make sure you set our network to Automatic and NOT LTE ONLY.  With LTE Only, your phone won't be able to switch to 3G for voice

Also, do you see this not an issue in different area?  The weak 3G signal could be just a local issue

And what brand and model your phone is ?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you try to reset network settings?

Need Help? Let's chat.