cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-owned phones battery health

dh2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What should the battery life / health be on Public Mobile pre-owned phones?

3 REPLIES 3

StevenHua
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The usage of these used phones will differ of course, meaning some may have been charged more frequently than others. While it is a little difficult to discern the battery health of android phones, if you are enquiring about Apple iPhones, they have got a built in battery health indicator in the settings. iPhones are made using lithium-ion batteries, and so as you continue to charge your phone more and more, the battery capacity will over time slowly decrease (i.e. it won't be able to hold a charge as long compared to when it was brand new. I've owned a fair amount of iPhones before, and honestly anything that is above 85% (preferably 90%) will still last you quite awhile. Apple themselves recommends replacing the battery once it reaches a battery health of 80%. Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dh2 

Maximum Capacity is a percentage that measures current capacity versus 100% when your battery was new. A range of that percentage is normal, though a healthy battery should retain about 80% of its original capacity at 500 charge cycles. If capacity falls below 80%, Apple recommends replacing the battery.

but if you buy it a Certified Pre-Owned phones, has a 1-year warranty.

and if you check it out is isse with battery is cover by warranty...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dh2   I think anywhere above 90% is ok .. afterall, it's only CPO phones.   However, I think I see some reported like 95% or so. 

But, what condition was the phone it said on the site when you ordered?  They have "Like-New", "Great" and "Very Good"... 

of course, remember , you have 30 days to return.  just tell them any reason you don't like.. 

Need Help? Let's chat.