cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-arrange Add-Ons BEFORE Traveling?

bashley
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, 

I'm in PEI, but traveling to Toronto for 10 days mid-August.  I have the basic text/talk plan ($15/mos), and I was trying to see if I could pre-arrange an Add-On of data to match the period during which I'll be away. Unless I'm missing something obvious, the Add-Ons page doesn't appear to offer the option to pre-arrange add-ons.  As well, it doesn't look like a specific time period or "From-To" date can be requested so is it safe to assume the Add-On expires in a month? 

And, am I correct to assume that there would be NO roaming charges because I'm remaining in Canada? 

Appreciate any help with these questions!

bob

PEI. 

6 REPLIES 6

bashley

Thanks so much @Dunkman for your "oracular" reply.  I feel like Moses by the burning bush!  Here I'm thinking this is going to get tangled and slow and it turns out to be simple, clear, and as easy to understand as a commandment! 

You ask "why can't you purchase the add-on later on?".  The answer?  No reason, apart from getting to check off another pre-travel task WHILE I THINK OF IT, instead of it leaking out my sieve-like brain, dissolving into thin air, and ultimately forgetting to do the right thing until it's too late.  hehe 

bashley

Much appreciated @MrSpock!  A swift, very helpful reply indeed!  Bravo! 

bashley

Thanks @RossN  Turns out to be uncomplicated, so a pleasant surprise!  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@bashley 

The is no expiry date for the Canada data add ons.  Unused data will remain in your account until used up.  You can purchase your add on now and if you don't use the data, it will remain in your account until your trip.  

Any reason why you can't purchase the add on later on? 

Within Canada, there is no extra roaming charges. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@bashley hi there is no way to pre date your add on you can add it whenever it's convenient to you just leave cell data off until your ready to go, 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bashley hi you are correct there are no roaming charges in canada you can use your phone as if you were home,what addon where you interested in?you can add it whenever you want it will not be consumed untile you run out of your regular data 

Need Help? Let's chat.