cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Overage

Danny38
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, I don't know where to post this...

I noticed yesterday that my data had been on. I don't remember turning it on, so I don't know how long it was on for.

The likelihood of exceeding my limit is high as I had been streaming video. I turned it off as soon as I noticed.

I don't want to wait until after the charges are posted to see how much data was used... 

Would there be any chance of reporting it as an error? I'm afraid of being overcharged. It happened once before with another phone, and the company I was with acknowledged it was a mistake and reversed the charges... Thoughts? 

6 REPLIES 6

@Danny38 

I would avoid streaming video while on mobile data......but if you set your data warning and limiter you can avoid these "data events" before they consume most of your data. If you have add on data you won't get any text warnings from pm so your warning/limiter can be your saving grace.

Danny38

Oh, great! Yay, thanks! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Danny38 : So don't come screaming in all caps both guns a'blazin' about your data running out 🙂

It just stops. Limited minute plans will just hang up when you hit the limit.

Welcome to PM.

If you used a referral code when you activated then you should see the $10 credit inside of 3 days. Usually overnight.

Danny38

Woohoo! Thanks for the clarification. 😊 This is good to know. 😎

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Danny38 

Public Mobile services are kinda like a vending machine.

You only get what you put into it, and you can't get more until you feed the 'vending machine' more money.

Public Mobile also provides data notifications when you reach 75% and 95% of your allotted data limit, so keep an eye out for those texts!!!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Danny38 wrote:

Hey, I don't know where to post this...

I noticed yesterday that my data had been on. I don't remember turning it on, so I don't know how long it was on for.

The likelihood of exceeding my limit is high as I had been streaming video. I turned it off as soon as I noticed.

I don't want to wait until after the charges are posted to see how much data was used... 

Would there be any chance of reporting it as an error? I'm afraid of being overcharged. It happened once before with another phone, and the company I was with acknowledged it was a mistake and reversed the charges... Thoughts? 

Hi @Danny38 ,

Beauty at Public Mobile, there are never any overages!

Your data will just stop when you run out. Then you will get all your Plan Data back when your plan renews.

🙂

You can check out your Usage History. But mostly, look at the total amount left on your Overview tab this is the most accurate/up to date.

If the Data Line does not show up then you have used it all up.

Data managing tips:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

Need Help? Let's chat.