cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postal code doesn't match billing address

Danny1310
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Whether I pay with BMO's credit card or debit card, the address doesn't match, but the address on my card is my home address. I don't know why it always fails to pay for the mailing card.

Many thanks for your help.

11 REPLIES 11

Danny1310

Yes!  It simply searchs for matching addresses. But I can't get to the next step. I'm confused. What should I do?  Thanks!

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Danny1310

make sure address on both is the same. Make sure your using correct postal code as V!NXXX and not V!N XXX. Make sure you don't mix up the zero 0 and O.

Other than postal code, no part of the address is compared to the billing address of the credit card.  The actual address in the Public Mobile account profile is actually irrelevant when it comes to payments.

When it comes to the postal code entry for payment, pressing the spacebar won't do anything, and therefore, there isn't any way to mistakenly have a space in the postal code.

@Danny1310 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. The address is entered and then selected by location. There is no problem with the address of the bank card. I just received the bank statement recently, and all the addresses entered are the same. Still can't pay. I'm confused.

The symbol on the right side of the address entry field isn't actually a location icon. It simply searchs for matching addresses based on the information already typed in.

Danny1310

ops

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and send the message when you are satisfied

Danny1310

Thank you for your reply. I use PM app to apply, two or three hours ago can not pay, just tried again still can not work. Maybe I can try changing my email

hi @Danny1310 

are you using browser or app to activate??

wait an hour and try using the PM app to activate.   I would even use a different email address to create another account to try

@Danny1310 

use this link to message Customer Support and see if they'll help get your account activated. Watch the little envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Danny1310

I'm a new user and am in the process of getting a card in the mail, and am in the process of not proceeding with the Step 4 of Review&Pay. The credit card and savings card are working fine.

@Danny1310 

more info might help here. Is this for a new account activation or are you trying to get a new account started ? Has the credit card expired recently ?

Danny1310

Thank you for your reply. The address is entered and then selected by location. There is no problem with the address of the bank card. I just received the bank statement recently, and all the addresses entered are the same. Still can't pay. I'm confused.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Danny1310

make sure address on both is the same. Make sure your using correct postal code as V!NXXX and not V!N XXX. Make sure you don't mix up the zero 0 and O.

Need Help? Let's chat.