cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting

mariettavmk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried porting from Rogers. When I answered the SMS text with their SIM it did not go through. I switched to Public Mobile SIM and was able to respond. They never got it and my account is still open, my PM plan only half working. I do not have the Rogers SIM card anymore. Rogers set up a bypass so I will not need to receive a text to confirm. However how do I request porting from PM when the process is already half done

9 REPLIES 9

@Ben_B   did you got a text from Rogers to approve the porting? did you reply yes?

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Ben_B

Same issue as above. SIM card from Public Mobile and number won't transfer from Rogers. 

lynetteobrien

hello, 

Can you please send me this number as well as I am having the same issue. Thank you

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27    My guess is via the Telus porting # and some goodwill from Rogers.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Sounds good. Was a CS_Agent help OP?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27    It's been resolved...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mariettavmk 

I don’t think a CS_Agent can help if you don’t have your old Rogers SIM. It seems it was Rogers end that the text was forward back to them. 
Your only option is to purchase another Rogers SIM and change the SIM number then start the porting process again. Wait for the text from Rogers to confirm you are porting over to PM…reply within 90 minute window.

Or you can pick a new number if you don’t want to go through all the trouble from buying another Rogers SIM.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mariettavmk    If Rogers is willing to help you port out without an active account, then call the Telus porting # (sending via private message) and they'll ask Rogers to resubmit the transfer request, although not sure how it works without the Rogers SIM.

Please check your message box top right for the number to call.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mariettavmk if the text reply didnt go through, the porting likely not completed.   I will send you a number to call porting support and confirm the porting status, please check your Community Inbox for the number   You likely need your Rogers sim back in a phone to complete the process 

Need Help? Let's chat.