cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting

C11091944p
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It has been a week, number still not ported.  Checked with old provider, they have no request to port my number.  Why does not Public Mobile port my number as I have requested.  I supplied all the necessary information a week ago.

8 REPLIES 8

@C11091944p 

I think porting from Fonus could be  treated as a landline transfer by PM/Telus Fonus partners with Iristel as the provider.

Porting from "landline" could take 3 to 7 business days. You might need to talk to porting team and see if the request was probably submitted or they can help to resubmit.   I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

HI @C11091944p 

I don't think you can port in from Fonus, it is not really a Canadian provider

C11091944p
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Into fro FonusMobile

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @C11091944p it could be that the wrong info were given?

You are porting into Public mobile?. your inbound calls not working?  Call the PM porting support and ask.  I will send you the number to your Community inbox

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@C11091944p - there could be different reasons why a port did not complete. Do you still have the old provider's sim card to accept the port approval text?

CSA can retrigger the request to be sent to the old providers sim card. Ways to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, and bottom right corner of the page (See the Chat Bubble), 

2-OR, go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @C11091944p 

When porting a number TO Public Mobile from another provider, you need to keep your SIM card from that old provider in your phone until you get a confirmation text from them giving them permission to port your number to Public Mobile. If you did not get this text or took your card out too fast, this will explain the issue. What you want to do is, place your old providers SIM card in, request PM port your old providers number over and wait for their text (Assuming that old providers account is still active). If it's no longer active, it will be like pulling teeth. You would need to reactivate your old account for a very short period to have Public Mobile port request your number.

Hope this helps.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@C11091944p  If you’re trying to port number into PM there’s a number for live support that can re trigger the port request . Will send you private message 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@C11091944p  Are you trying to port number in or out of PM 

Need Help? Let's chat.