cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting the Koodo number to pubic mobile

xavmat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have requested to Port my existing koodo number to public mobile that I have taken last Monday. Got a message back requesting some information and confirmed that it would be ported on Tuesday. Since sending the information I haven't gotten any message or information and still the number is not ported. I sent two more messages asking for the information. But no information on yet. Wondering if someone is attending my case as now I will have to pay to the old carrier as the billing period is already over. Just wondering what can I do.

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@xavmat wrote:

I can not use the Koodo number now. My old phone was broken and the new PM sim is in a new phone. Waiting to get my old number ported to the new PM sim.

You can put you Koodo SIM card in your new phone unless your Koodo SIM does not fit your new phone. Use the Koodo SIM until Koodo service stops.

xavmat

Thanks for the information. Yes I have contacted moderator and gave all the information they have asked for. Waiting for it to be over.

xavmat

I can not use the Koodo number now. My old phone was broken and the new PM sim is in a new phone. Waiting to get my old number ported to the new PM sim.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Koodo porting takes literally seconds to complete.  In this case, the porting is either stuck or needed moderator team assistance to submit.  Either way, @xavmat you will need to reach out to the moderator team for help.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

@xavmat

Agree with above statement. 

Unfortunately, moderators has been extremely busy the last week and time to resolve issues is longer than expected.  It is first come, first serve.  Looks like there might be some issues with porting in your case.  Some porting issues have taken 3-4 days to resolve.  Hopefully, you are still able to use your Koodo number still.  

dealforme

Patience Grasshopper since the moderator team is swamped.

Is your Koodo a prepaid or monthly?

If it's monthly, have you tried porting your number over using the Change Number feature?

Ensure your Public Mobile and Koodo accounts aren't using the same email address.

If its prepaid then you'll need to wait for a moderator to help you.

Unfortunately, I think you'll need to pay for the Koodo to keep your phone working.

Need Help? Let's chat.