cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting question

hamiltonian1981
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a corporate plan with Bell. I pay for my mother's plan but want to switch her to public mobile to save money. Am I able to set up and Public Mobile account in her name along with her credit card and port over her number even though it's attached to my name at Bell?

7 REPLIES 7

hamiltonian1981

Going for the $35 plan. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hamiltonian1981  make sure you port at activation if going after one of the 3g data bonus for bell family ports. And use a referal number for an extra 10$

hamiltonian1981

Thank you, I had no idea!

hamiltonian1981

Ugh, why can't it be easy! Thanks...I remember Bell dinging me $35 to move a personal account to corporate. They will most likely do the same in reverse. 

@hamiltonian1981 

Not sure whether this thread is directly related to your situation, since you are only porting one line out....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Port-out-from-a-Corporate-plan-to-Public-M...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hamiltonian1981 wrote:

I have a corporate plan with Bell. I pay for my mother's plan but want to switch her to public mobile to save money. Am I able to set up and Public Mobile account in her name along with her credit card and port over her number even though it's attached to my name at Bell?

Yes, you can.  You can port your mother plan from Bell to PM.  But you need to move your mother's number from the Bell corporate account to an individual Bell plan first before you can port her number to PM.

@hamiltonian1981 wrote:

The name on the old account doesn't matter as long as the owner of that account authorizes the transfer and that information is entered in the account owner name field of the number portability form.  The name of the person owning the new Public Mobile account could be set to anything.

Need Help? Let's chat.