cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone number from a dead phone to new Bell phone and account

ActionPark
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The pixel phone I was using on Public Mobile is completely dead. I can get a new phone and a great plan with Bell through work. 

Can I transfer my Public Mobile # from my dead phone? I was reading that your phone will get a txt asking you if you want to transfer the number when activating and new phone and account but my current phone is DEAD and can't receive text messages. Is there still a way in releasing the phone number so I can get it with my new BELL activation?

Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ActionPark : May I suggest separating work from personal. Sure go ahead and get that new phone and plan from work. They can pay for it. You have a new phone. But it's work.

Maybe explore dual-SIM but I'm not sure any contract phone from providers here sell them.

Then maybe a friend or family has a retired phone that you could put your SIM in and use it for your personal use. Keep it on maybe the $15 plan. Forward calls to the work number. Unforward for your personal time and leave the work phone at home on your personal time.

@BeachNBeer wrote:

@esjliv  OP said in his post he can get a new phone and great plan courtesy of his work.

@BeachNBeer  oh yeah, you're right. Admittingly, kinda of skimmed over that, my bad.

Well in that case @HALIMACS has the solution I would say.

Once @ActionPark ports over to Bell, they should have a new phone in their hands to put in the Public Mobile SIM card to approve the port. 🙂

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esjliv  OP said in his post he can get a new phone and great plan courtesy of his work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ActionPark 

bring from your friend device and insert your SIM card to you can getting the SMS,

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ActionPark wrote:

The pixel phone I was using on Public Mobile is completely dead. I can get a new phone and a great plan with Bell through work. 

Can I transfer my Public Mobile # from my dead phone? I was reading that your phone will get a txt asking you if you want to transfer the number when activating and new phone and account but my current phone is DEAD and can't receive text messages. Is there still a way in releasing the phone number so I can get it with my new BELL activation?

Thanks 

@ActionPark 

1. Put the current PM SIM card from the dead Pixel phone into the new device,
  2. Wait for the text authorization,
  3. Respond "YES"
  4. Then put the new provider SIM card into the new device.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ActionPark wrote:

Thanks 

@ActionPark  - just curious, how will you be able to use Bell if you do not have a working phone? EDIT: OP will have a new working phone once activated with Bell - thanks @BeachNBeer  👍

Best to get a phone you can receive the text on from Public Mobile (ensuring this account is active) to approve the port over to Bell.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ActionPark  First your Public Mobile account has to be in Active status to port out it can't be suspended so make sure it is active. 

Secondly a simple solution is put your sim card in a family's or friends phone phone when you want to port out to get the text message and reply to authorize the port.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to submit a ticket to a CSA and explain your situation.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.