cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting overold phone number

Doug1964
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Having issues porting, the sales lady removed my old sim card so I didn't get the port request.

26 REPLIES 26

@Doug1964   enjoy the service  🙂 

Doug1964

Problem solved! thanks for all your help.

Doug1964

almost, can see the finish line

@Doug1964  so, port completed?  

enjoy the service,  enjoy the reward savings!!

Doug1964

I understand that issue getting fixed now

@Doug1964 

You might even earn a community reward! Unfortunately there seems to be a fairly high percentage of retailers that have not educated their sales staff on the new porting procedure implemented last February industry wide that involves the PAT (porting authorization text) to prevent fraudulent ports. That's also why reinitiating a request because the YES reply was missed has to involve either new provider or their porting department to make that request. Inconvenient but in the end it keeps our accounts and phone numbers safer from fraudsters.

Doug1964

And I earned a new badge in the process!!! 

Doug1964

BTW - the issue was with the sales rep who didn't follow your process, It's not Publics fault or mine, would be nice if I didn't need to jump through hoops. I did follow the self-serve directions which led to a dead-end. I will try one more time with the other phone number you provided if I get know where I'm out. With the number of comments on this issue, I would think having a simple resend phone number tab for this issue would be an easier process.

@Doug1964  if you don't call Public Mobile to retrigger the process,  no one would know that  you need it. 

BTW, it was your issue with Roger's in the beginning caused the delay

@Nunyah 

Sent if not already.

Nunyah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could you send me the number to re-trigger the transfer? I didn't have my old sim in either when I started this process a week ago...

Thanks!

Doug1964

I have spent far too much time on this already, If I get a request for transfer by Monday I'll go for it, if not, I will go somewhere else for my cell carrier. 

@Doug1964 no, the number I sent you supports PM porting request.  Everyone calls that number for PM porting issue 

Call that number,  someone verifies your info and you will get the text within 15 minutes.. 

Doug1964

I did the other day, the wait time was 2rs so they called me back this morning, basically told me that they do not support Public and I had to go through the Public website for help. I'm not going going to run around in circles.

@Doug1964 i already sent you the phone number. did you call yet?  That is the number to contact porting team to resent the porting request SMS.  Check your Community inbox,  envelope icon  on top right 

Doug1964

At this point, I need to request to port resent.

Doug1964

Getting confused by all the responses, Don't know what's up anymore, sent a request to CS agent for help, tried unsuccessfully your way, they wouldn't help me, I tried.

@Doug1964 

If you use the phone number for the telus porting department then have your location providers account number ready when you call them. After you make the request and recieve the PAT (porting authorization text) reply YES within 90 minutes. Once you have replied YES then you can put your pm sim card back in the phone and await for incoming calling to begin....within a few minutes to a maximum 2 hours.

Doug1964

Thanks, message sent.

Doug1964

OK thanks, I'll see if it comes again, I missed the last one by a few days because I had the Public sim in my phone rather than the old sim.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You need to put it back your old SIM card and do Reboot your phone.

Then the port out request has to be sent to that number and you need to reply with a "Yes".

Doug1964

please do

Doug1964

OK thanks,

@Doug1964  did you miss the 90 mins?  I can send you the number to contact to retrigger thr process.  Check your Community inbox 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Doug1964 

put it back your old SIM card and do Reboot your phone.
*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

Doug1964

I have the old one in my phone now

Need Help? Let's chat.