cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting or moving phone number

Sheba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi
I am a new PM customer with a monthly Koodo account. I want to close my Koodo account and move my number to PM. I tried to do this when opening my new PM account but it said “please enter a valid Canadian number”, which mine is. I then choose a PM number and opened the account. Since February 7, I have put in four tickets to have my number from Koodo replace the PM number. Have received no response. 
Any suggestions??

18 REPLIES 18

Sheba

Thanks to all who jumped in to lend a hand with my porting issue. It has been resolved using a link to a private chat with an agent.

Cheers

There's a missing puzzle piece here for sure, @esjliv .   Unless the system was undergoing some maintenance at the time of activation/porting, this should be a seamless transition as it was for at least 2 users in my 'group' who moved here from Koodo.

Do please share, @Sheba , when they've informed you what caused this.   It's good learning for all of us.

@Sheba - well that is just wrong isn't it?

I know you sent a new ticket in, but If you sent multiple tickets already I would be forwarding those older tickets back to customer support and ask why there has been no action on them. You can see the messages in your SENT message folder and respond to them there.

Curious what they say the issue is on this one; mind sharing when you hear back?

@Sheba 

I'm also going to send you a phone number for the "TELUS porting group" which specializes in 'porting' issues to Public Mobile.

They will be able to tell you whether this is a porting issue, or some other issue.

They WILL NOT be able to provide or amend account/activation information so that'll be the customer support group (through the ticketing process) who you may need for that.

Check for this message by tapping on your envelope icon upper right.   You'll see there are messages there by a red number on the icon itself.  This is also where you'll find the responses from the CS_Agent who will be responding to your multiple tickets for support.

So while you wait for them, try logging in and going to profile and using the change number function and transfer the number. See if it comes up with an error there.

Put the Koodo sim in a phone to reply to the confirmation text if the function works.

@Sheba So, you already activated an account with a temporary number?  

Since you have messaged Support, you can wait until them to reply and have them to manually port your Koodo number to your new PM account.  (They likely will not reply until Sat morning.  Keep checking your Community inbox for their reply)

Let us know how it turns out 🙂

Sheba

Thanks for your help!

Sheba

while trying to activate I got the “not a valid Canadian number” so I selected a new PM number and activated the account 

@Sheba no worry, if the number is on Koodo already, it can be ported into PM (they share the same Telus system, the number can be used within the Telus family) 

And since you already messaged support, wait for them to confirm as well

Sheba

So I took your advice and sent a ticket and checked the number. It said it could not be ported to Koodo but it is my Koodo number

@Sheba so, you did activated once earlier and got some error and then you tried again and got the "not valid Canadian nimbee" error? 

Check your credit card to see if PM charged your already on your first or even on your 2nd attempt.  Make sure support aware of that if you have been charged 

Sheba

Thank you , I have just sent a message to direct support 

@Sheba your number is  from  Koodo, you cam for sure able to port your number into PM

if you are really postpaid Koodo custoner and not prepaid, the error would indicate that you have attempted activation more than once.  Your first attempt already requested porting, properly the activation was not fully completed and yiu re-attempt a 2nd activation.   In such case, you will need to open ticket with PM support to check and complete the activation and porting for you

Please open ticket with Pm support by direct message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

Moving numbers between the Telus family does not need active accounts.

The fact that the number works at Koodo should not be a problem of checking if it's valid. That's a rate centre issue.

Did you finish the activation with a different number? If you're still trying then are you using a mobile browser or non-mobile? More things work better here with a non-mobile browser.

Sheba

Thank you for the reply,

I am not pre paid and should have been able to move the number during PM activation but it was not recognized as a Canadian number, 236 area code. I will try the link to CS_agents. I have sent in four tickets already. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sheba first, you need your Koodo accout active to move the number her

And sound like you have a Koodo prepaid account .  In this case, you have to activate PM with a temp new number first.  Once fully activated with the new phone number, open a ticket with PM support for them to manually move your Koodo phone number hwre

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Sheba  Is your Koodo account pre paid ? Is so you have to activate SIM card first then ask support to help port number over 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

adding you need Koodo account to be active to port , and once you do it will automatically close the Koodo account 

Need Help? Let's chat.