Porting numbers

Anika1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get hold of a moderator near me? To port numbers 

11 REPLIES 11

brujar

Thank you 

@brujar has it been over 90 minutes? if so, you need to call Pm to ask them to re-trigger the process (i assume you are porting into PM)

I will send you a number to call to confirm the porting status.  Please check your community inbox

@brujar You need to leave your previous provider's sim in your phone to reply to the port request.  Also make sure your previous account is still active during the port.  It will be automatically closed once the port is completed.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

That's great advice 👍😂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brujar wrote:

I need help completeing my port the text to approve never came

@brujar 

you can try reseat the old SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brujar : Did you leave the originating SIM in? Not the new one?

brujar

I need help completeing my port the text to approve never came

@gpixel wrote:

@Anika1 what service provider are you coming from?

you only need help from moderators if you are coming from koodo/telus

I believe if you are porting after account signup, contacting a moderator is still currently the only option, according to this previous announcement: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

Unless this has been resolved since? You could always still port yourself as part of signup.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Anika1 wrote:

How do I get hold of a moderator near me? To port numbers 

@Anika1 To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. Include the account#, name on the account and phone number from your previous provider and they will setup the port for you.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Anika1 Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type " Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to one 
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Give them the name on the account, number to port and old providers account number. Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Anika1 what service provider are you coming from?

you only need help from moderators if you are coming from koodo/telus

Need Help? Let's chat.