cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number

Enfe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey all, 

so recently had a dual sim set up with a Fido physical sim with my number and a pm random number to test out via esim. I am very happy with reception so I transferred number in app. I got the text and confirmed transfer but on the last page of the transfer I hit back by accident and missed the final screen. 
I can make calls but can’t receive. Do I need a new eSIM now that I’m using a different number than previous for pm or will it take a bit to transfer?

5 REPLIES 5

BilltyLam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, need time for transfer, I only take 10min but I know some people can take about half day. BTW, are you sure you use PM to make call? I mean the same number? 

Glad it's working. Sorry you had to purchase another eSIM. However, if you wouldn't mind, it was @hTideGnow who gave you the suggestion of calling the porting line and provided you the number. Would you mind changing the solution to their name? Much appreciated. Enjoy your weekend @Enfe 

Enfe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks all for quick responses. I did call pm port number and they answered quickly and told me I had to purchase a new eSIM. I did and it’s now working. Thanks again!

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Enfe 

If you said yes, let me ask you this. If you have your Fido SIM card in your phone now, do you have reception still where you can make calls? If so, then the port did not work. If you can't make calls, then you may need to go into your phone settings and choose the PM eSIM as your primary number then reboot the phone. Give that a try first. Let us know if that works. If you don't know how, let me know what kind of phone you use.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Enfe 

what you experiencing about inbound not working but outbound works is normal when port is not completed.

PM porting support team can help.  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

Need Help? Let's chat.