cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number loads and then hangs

Showkace
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When porting a number through self-serve for a family member from their previous provider (Telus) everything  goes fine up until I click continue and then it loads for awhile and then stops and sits on the page.

Error message returned is: Uncaught Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerTimeoutException: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerTimeoutException: The server request timed out.

6 REPLIES 6

@Showkace 

Here is the process....once you put in the port request you must contact telus to authorize the port so since you cannot recieve the text just call 611 on your telus phone/sim card and you authorize the port with an agent over the phone once they ask you for your pin code and account # etc.... If your number does not complete the port within 2 hours ( your telus account doesn't close) then call the porting department.

Good luck!

@Showkace 

Your phone plan ftom telus does not have to be active to port out but I believe you need to have service to get the SMS text. There is another way to authorize the port without active service. I believe you can do it by calling the telus porting department with your telus account # or they may refer you to telus customer service to verbally approve. I will private message you the phone #.

Showkace
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do you know if Telus sends the SMS via their free msg reminders, or does the number need to have a current balance? It's still technically active just with a $0.00 balance.

@Showkace 

Contacting the moderators should not be necessary. Simply follow @esjliv advice to do the following as well as.....

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode.
  5. Firefox, chrome or safari work best.

Make sure once the transfer request is sent to port the number in that you keep the telus  sim card in the phone to reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes of recieving it. You can tben put the pm sim card in the phone. The port should only take a few minutes to max 2 hours.  Any longer indicates an issue. Telus will continue to send you the SMS text between 11am et and 8pm et to recieve a YES reply if you missed the first 90 min window.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Showkace 

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

and Restart your computer, is will help.

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back,

and if are you stuck with Transferring you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.
  • Moderator Team will Response by private message to you
    - Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Showkace wrote:

When porting a number through self-serve for a family member from their previous provider (Telus) everything  goes fine up until I click continue and then it loads for awhile and then stops and sits on the page.

Error message returned is: Uncaught Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerTimeoutException: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerTimeoutException: The server request timed out.

@Showkace ,

Log out, clear your cache or try a different browser.

You can also try an incognito mode TAB.

Then try again.

Website can be finicky. Are you using the Telus Account number to port, that is probably best.

If still unsuccessful after trying again, you could ask for Moderator assistance: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Need Help? Let's chat.