cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from koodo

Mariajoy1288
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Activated a new public account. I’m looking to port my number from Koodo. 

9 REPLIES 9

H_singh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

they will send u message about receiving for port request.

yuongmic

Just to add on, make sure you DO NOT end your service with Koodo before your number is ported.

@Bovine wrote:

Yes, I saw the submitted tickets in my Sent folder and that’s why I can recheck the time it was submitted. And I’ m still waiting for Moderators! Can I call the porting team before the moderators reply to me?

@Bovine 

If the port is stuck, then you can contact Telus porting team via phone.  If you are trying to initiate a port, you will likely need to wait for moderator to submit request.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

H_singh

hi

Bovine

Yes, I saw the submitted tickets in my Sent folder and that’s why I can recheck the time it was submitted. And I’ m still waiting for Moderators! Can I call the porting team before the moderators reply to me?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Bovine wrote:

I would like to share one of my experience submitted the ticket. I have checked the ticket I submitted for porting number to Public mobile yesterday, Dec 30 AT 5:54 PM but the time it showed submitted is Dec 31 5:54 PM. So I submitted another new ticket today and the new ticket showed submitted at Dec 31 2:06 PM😵

So basically there was an error in the submission system and the moderators can not see my ticket yesterday.

Everyone submitted the ticket should double check the time.

The support ticket is sent by using this forum private message system.  Check your SENT box for the private message with the ticket number.  If you cannot find it in your SINT box, you had not created your ticket yet.

Bovine

I would like to share one of my experience submitted the ticket. I have checked the ticket I submitted for porting number to Public mobile yesterday, Dec 30 AT 5:54 PM but the time it showed submitted is Dec 31 5:54 PM. So I submitted another new ticket today and the new ticket showed submitted at Dec 31 2:06 PM😵

So basically there was an error in the submission system and the moderators can not see my ticket yesterday.

Everyone submitted the ticket should double check the time.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mariajoy1288 wrote:

After created your support ticket, you should keep your Koodo SIM card in your phone to receive port request confirmation text from Koodo.  Koodo will not release your phone number to PM if you do not confirm your port request.

FYI: Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

@Mariajoy1288 wrote:

Please.go to https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

and type "port request".

Need Help? Let's chat.