cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting not completed

Barala
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Apparently my porting was not completed when doing this phone switch over  .  Help

17 REPLIES 17

Thanks for letting me know. I was unaware of this. 

@Chalupa_Batman  FYI: that little envelope for private messages is invisible on many devices; my phone and iPad for example. Messages are only visible when I tap my avatar. 😩

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Barala wrote:

IMG_0944.png

 I don’t see

that message icon anywhere 

@Barala , click on your avatar & you will find your private mailbox there!

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent using the link below: ->   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Customer Support Agents are available from:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox (envelope icon) at the top right of this page to the left of your community avatar on your computer or by clicking on your avatar on your device.

Edit: @Barala , please update Us on what the CS_Agent says.

Barala

Did that for 1 hour this morning with Rogers  .  They say they did not receive port requests and need me to redo it .  That is where I am at I can’t seem to find a customer service agent to explain and help .  

Truthfully...   this sounds like Rogers jerking you around. If you're able to make calls and some texts using your Public Mobile SIM card or eSIM...  then there WAS a port request and Rogers is jerking you around so you don't leave. Try calling that number again and explain to them the port was partial and you need them to contact Rogers. And then tell them if Rogers says there was no port request, ask why you can make some calls and some texts already if there was no port request. HA! 

Barala

But I am able to make a call and some texts .  Is there no way to chat with customer care I did other phones no problem and this one snagged I guess .  Rogers says I need to have them send a new esim? I ready to pull the plug 

Hey @Barala 

Here is a little write up to help.

How to port number from “Blank” to Public Mobile

First, make sure your number can be ported by checking on this link

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Or log in to your Public Mobile account 

KennethJAdams_0-1692044572139.png

Then on your right side you’ll see this box. Click on Transfer Phone Number.

KennethJAdams_1-1692044572049.png

Then enter the number you want transfer and continue to next step

KennethJAdams_2-1692044572143.png

NOTE: Keep your old providers SIM card inside the phone until you get the confirmation text. Say YES. But wait just a bit longer until you no longer see your old provider's name up top. Once it’s gone, try making a call to test. If you can not make a call using your old providers SIM, the transfer has gone through.

Barala

IMG_0944.png

 I don’t see

that message icon anywhere 

Barala

That did not work when I said transfer phone it gives me new numbers .  The ported number does show up as valid but according to rogers it was not completed on pm end .  Some services are working but it is still active with Rogers 

@Barala Check your private messages up top.

KennethJAdams_0-1692044168304.png

The number is there to call. 🙂 

Barala

Yes I answered yes in time as I did with two other phones .  Rogers says the number is not ported and still active with them .  I need to have it resent perhaps .  No one to talk to very frustrating 

@Vneld wrote:

Unless it's an issue within Rogers, re-start the porting process in your PM app by going into 'My account' then clicking on 'Profile' to choose 'Transfer Phone Number'. When you get a text from Rogers asking if you want to port, text back 'yes'. If porting worked, then you'll get a text from PM instructing you to restart your phone.

I have removed the solution as the quoted post contains incorrect information.  When a port has already been requested, a Public Mobile customer cannot simply make the request in Self Serve. This would result in a error message.  A Public Mobile customer support agent needs to get involved.

Check your messages up top. That little envelope .....  you'll see it.

Vneld

Unless it's an issue within Rogers, re-start the porting process in your PM app by going into 'My account' then clicking on 'Profile' to choose 'Transfer Phone Number'. When you get a text from Rogers asking if you want to port, text back 'yes'. If porting worked, then you'll get a text from PM instructing you to restart your phone.

Barala

Rogers says they did not complete the process yet I can use the phone for calls and some texts 

Vneld

What was your last step? Have you texted 'yes' to your previous carrier?

Need Help? Let's chat.