cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting - no incoming calls

bearback
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ported 2 lines Fido > PM yesterday
Both got text notifications and approval to port.
set both up with new numbers first then ported after.

One line fine.
Other line has PM Data, receives text, can make outgoing calls *but cannot receive incoming calls.
The old fido sim card in a different phone still receives the incoming calls. It also still has fido data and can still send sms.. although it doesn't receive sms.
My PM account shows the ported number in the account details (not the new burner number)

PM sent a text shortly after teh port request saying issue with port out, they'll reach out.
No further support contact and I'm not 100% ported.
Ideas please and thanks?

13 REPLIES 13

@alphyka  sending you now.  Please check Community inbox

But the help centre is closed now, call tomorrow morning

alphyka

Can I have the number for live support, I haven't received a text to reply yes. thanks

bearback

it was the number you provided me with over DM that I used successfully. Thanks btw!

@SillyBillyGoat did you call the number I sent you?? they can confirm status and advise what to do.  

bearback

turned out I copy/pasted the account number into PM's port info but the spaces on my fido e bill ended up skipping the final digit out of the PM text box. As such I had an account number mismatch.
I had to call in to the Telus support line and the agent corrected the Account number and pushed it through.
I didn't get PM CS agent response until well after Telus had directly solved it over the phone. So for me the Telus number was the quickest way.

SillyBillyGoat

Hello! I am experiencing the same issue as it seems I missed the step of replying YES and now I can send and receive text messages and call out but I cannot receive calls

@bearback  Best of luck I’m sure you will get it all figured out , let us know if there’s anything else your having an issue with .

@bearback actually, looking at your message again, you can receive incoming text but not calls?

if you cannot receive any calls at all, it is a porting issue, check with the porting team first

if it can receive some calls, but not all, check which provider those incoming calls from.  Calls from smaller carrier or VoIP will take longer to know you changed provider, it is a problem on the source end and not PM, but the issue should resolve within 3 days

bearback

thanks all. I did the yes text immediately.

I will follow the other steps above

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@bearback @If your still having issues you can co tact a agent 

Getting help from agent , through automation

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.      

Or  get direct help from a agent right here in the community ( my preferred choice )

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Also did you reboot your phone try that first then 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Did you have your old Fido sims in the phone to text YES to approve port transfer , you have 90 mins from that point after you should have received text from fido

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bearback 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.