cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my number from FM to PM

Danoishan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I had signed up for and revived my successful activation email yesterday afternoon and was just wondering what my next steps are to get my service up and running on my phone. This is because my android phone has yet to get any service even with the appropriate APN details inputted. I continously get the error, " Unable to connect" when searching for a network and connecting to Public Mobile
11 REPLIES 11

Danoishan

@Pmarcovi I cannot make or recieve calls or texts and use any data. When I try to connect to the pm network it gives me the error "unable to connect" and the sim also states "unregistered sim". My old sim card no longer works and now I've come to believe that my number got stuck in the porting process. But I won't know anything for sure until a moderator responds, which none of the total of 4 moderators have yet to respond for 4 days and counting now.

Pmarcovi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you make or receive calls, can you send or receive SMS, did you try the SIM in another phone?

If the FM SIM stopped working, that means the number porting was successful...

@Danoishan thanks for troubleshooting.  

You will have to be a bit patient with the mods getting back to you.  There is a high volume of requests due to the recent promo.  But the mods will take care of you.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks for updating. Hopefully you will get reply back soon. 🙂
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Danoishan
@Samianauman my second message had included more personal details to further assist them

When promo was active mod respond time was 24 to 48 hours. Now I would say it would be faster. It just thry still busy clearing backlog. But they will get back to you if you already send a msg once or twice then I would say wait for reply. Sending multiple MSG Will make multiple inquires for mod team.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Danoishan
@Samianauman I had sent private messages to the moderators yesterday afternoon and earlier today morning, but have yet to receive any sort of response.

@Mana I had shut down my phone, took out the battery and sim card for about 5 minutes, plugged everything back-in properly, typed in the appropriate APN details, searched for networks, found Public Mobile but got prompted the error: "Unable to connect". I repeated that process about a dozen times or so over the past 21 hours and consistently received the same end results

Have you logged into to your self serve account and made sure everything is correct?

Did you try this:

- power off phone

- remove sim

- reinsert sim

- power back up

or try factory reset?

It's seems like Stuck in porting process
Send a msg to mod
Send a private msg
Add
Email address
Phonenumber
Detailed explaination of issue

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Danoishan
@Mana
My phone is unlocked and my FM sim stopped working a few hours after I signed up for PM yesterday afternoon

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Danoishan is your phone unlocked?

Have you tried your sim in another phone?

Is your Freedom sim still working with service?  If it is still working or partly working then you may be still in the port in process and you will have to wait a little bit for porting to get compelete.

If your freedom sim is still working, you may continue to use your freedom service in the mean time.

Need Help? Let's chat.