cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my number FROM Public Mobile to Fongo

luxury187
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning! I have been a Public Mobile user for a while now, I dont use my phone much and I want to port my Public Mobile phone number (that was from another carrier before) to Fongo.

I gave them all the details, but apparently porting was rejected. Anyone can help me out, I dont owe money, it is my phone number and I want to keep it.

8 REPLIES 8

Unless this has changed Virgin is the only carrier that allowed ports with no top up

Fido and Freedom  certainly do not

@luxury187 wrote:

I wouldnt understand why I would need to pay again.. like on a prepaid account, even if you did not top-up you can still transfer the number

Thanks for your help, I contacted the moderator team.

Only way to port out is when service still active.  Just choose a minimal plan.

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your account must be active at the time of porting.  This is true for all phone providers, not just Public Mobile.

You must have an active account, which means you need to pay more, as you let your previous 90 day cycle expire.

You should have ported your number out prior to January 5th.

If you don't use your number regularly, is it really a concern?  Just use the number from Fongo instead?

luxury187

I wouldnt understand why I would need to pay again.. like on a prepaid account, even if you did not top-up you can still transfer the number

Thanks for your help, I contacted the moderator team.

@luxury187, That's why it's not working.  You let it expire, but it's not all lost.

You will need to reactivate your plan, or contact a moderator to help you get a less expensive plan, to make your port happen.

Plese contact them @CS_Agent

luxury187

My account is still active, my 90 days plan just ended on January 5th

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Is your account still active?  If it's been inactive (without an active plan) for more than 90 days, it will be expired, and no longer available.

Need Help? Let's chat.