cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issues with text messages and voicemail

Backira2024
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, 

I am start frikkng out because I port my number from freedom to public mobile and I cannot receive messages nor send text messages. I am unable to set up the voicemail as well. I have already send messages to agents without response. If I knew that in advance I wouldn't join PM at all. Please someone advice. 

4 REPLIES 4

@Backira2024 wrote:

I made a huge mistake to port my number with public as it seems sms is not working for both texting and voicemail. I already submit tickets with no response back and unfortunately I cannot leave PM To another provider because sms is not working. I'm extremely disappointed.  Worse provider so far by far. 

Sorry, but you'll need to await the response of a Public Mobiel customer support agent. Only one of them can address this issue.

Backira2024

Hi all, 

I made a huge mistake to port my number with public as it seems sms is not working for both texting and voicemail. I already submit tickets with no response back and unfortunately I cannot leave PM To another provider because sms is not working. I'm extremely disappointed.  Worse provider so far by far. 

Backira2024

@softech for voicemail seems to not set up a number but because of the sms glitch that is affected as well...hope this will be solved sooner or later...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Backira2024 

For voicemail, what was the exact issue?

for SMS, PM is having problem provisioning text capability for new activations.  And if you are an iPhone user,  iMessage activation by phone number will also be impacted without a working SMS. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Under-Investigation-Ongoing-Issue-Text-Me...

PM is working on a fix but for now, they can only resolve the issue on a case by case basis.  And you already did the right thing to message them.  did you check the Community inbox to see if they replied?   If not,   You might want to message them again for update tomorrow morning

Need Help? Let's chat.