cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issue

AkkshaiB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I'm trying to port(transfer) my number from public mobile to freedom. I switched to freedom because they have a recent promotion for a plan I like. During the port process, I provided the wrong public mobile account number. I was able to switch to freedom, but I have a temporary phone number and I want it to change to my original. My account public mobile account expired and I can't select the problem I have with the bot to be able to file a ticket. Can anybody help me out?

4 REPLIES 4

@AkkshaiB   You'll need to reactivate the PM account in order to complete number transfer to another carrier.

I think you need to request assistance from customer support and ask them to change the plan (if applicable) to the $15, but you also need to add the funds to reactivate. 

Use the link in my earlier post to submit a ticket via chatbot or send a private message to CS_Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

edit:  BTW, if you have a payment card in the account, ask CSA's to remove it after funding the account to reactivating it.

AkkshaiB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I started the porting process yesterday and my public mobile account expired today, along with the plan

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AkkshaiB   Expired account could be an issue.. did the port start while your pm account was still valid…?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@AkkshaiB   Your PM account needs to be active to port your number to FM.  Can you log into your self serve and add a payment voucher to reactivate the account?  You can also dial 611 (keep PM SIM in phone) and add a voucher which can be purchased from SDM, London Drugs, 7/11 or Shell.

Depending on your current plan, you might need to first change plans to the cheapest PM plan which $15 as well.  If you're unable to do this yourself, then submit a ticket via chatbot and ask PM support for assistance here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

You'll need to keep the PM SIM in your phone until you're able to respond to the transfer request with a YES within the 90 minutes window.

Need Help? Let's chat.