cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issue

Dermo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I’ve been having issues porting my Freedom Mobile number over to Public Mobile. I have already paid for a subscription, responded ‘Yes’ to Freedom’s authorization request, and submitted a ticket for help where I was directed to contact Freedom, who in turn confirmed they had issued a porting request. Can anyone help me out here? I hear there is a phone number where I can get help with porting. Thank you 

6 REPLIES 6

NewCus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks so much for this. Luckily, I opted for a physical SIM card when subscribed my service. But, you never what happens when I receive my SIM and activate my service.

Dermo

Hi @NewCus,

Sure. My issue was that I could not activate my Public Mobile eSIM. I got in touch with Freedom and they confirmed they had issued a porting request to Public Mobile (Telus) but despite this it just never went through even after multiple attempts. It was quite frustrating dealing with Public Mobile's customer service (or lack thereof). I eventually resolved the issue by going into a Telus store and purchasing a physical Public Mobile SIM card. If I were you, that's what I would do to save yourself a major headache. But perhaps the issue was just isolated to my own account. In any case, best of luck!

NewCus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Dermo,

I'm just about to port my phone number from Freedom Mobile to PM. It 's so terrified to see what happened to you, and it might happen to me as well. Can you let me know what the issue was & how you corrected it.

Thanking in advance for your response. 

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dermo You're welcome! Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Dermo

Hi @Andy85 much appreciated, thank you!

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Dermo,

I will send you the porting number if you are having issues porting. Check out your inbox for the number because I cannot post phone numbers in a public forum. 

Need Help? Let's chat.