cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issue for TWO weeks! Still paying TWO carriers! (FIDO)

ceej
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've had porting issus since NOV 18th.

I've sent private messages to @Shazia_K@Mary_M

I finally recieved a response from @Saray_O, she said that the Port went through successfully as of Last Night!, however I am still NOT recieving phone calls or texts on the device, and my FIDO account is still active, nor have I recieved a text from PM about the port being successful.

On Nov 18, I actived the new PM SIM and got the error information saying activation failed. After a few days I was able to set up the actual account, however, I'm evidently still having porting issues.

1. With the PM SIM, I can make out-going call anywhere, but cannot receive any incoming call;

2. For text messege, I can send messages to PM/Telus numbers, also can receive messeges from PM/Telus. But beside PM/Telus, I can neither receive or send messeges.

3. For my previous carrier (FIDO) SIM, I can still receive incoming call and make out-going call;

4. However, with previous carrier SIM, we cannot receive/seding text messeges to/from PM and Telus numbers.

It has been TWO weeks. Can someone please adjust the billing cycle as well as help with my Porting issue?

The average respond time is supposed to be 12 days, I've been patient, and I've tried to assist others in the community (in regards to their accounts). @Saray_O has responded, however, I haven't heard a reply back and I don't want my request to be back in the bottom of the Queue since the port was thought to be successful. 

15 REPLIES 15

@simon3046   I think you got the PM(Telus) porting support number already?  I will send you again just in case, please check envelope icon on the top right.  This is the quickest way to get this request re-sent

@simon3046 wrote:

Hi 

I have contacted my former carrier FIDO and they have done a bypass for 3 days. Can you send a request to them now. 

I am not able to receive calls from my work and family which caused me lots of issues.

Please get me connected asap.

Thanks

Simon

@simon3046 

You can contact PM via this link to troubleshoot your porting request:

Chatbot (tiia.ai)

@simon3046  usually you have to reply the text within 90 mins... you said Fido gives you a bypass for 3 days.. so, they will just let your number ported with your text authentication?  anyway, we messaged you the number.. call and let PM knows

@simon3046 wrote:

Hi 

I have contacted my former carrier FIDO and they have done a bypass for 3 days. Can you send a request to them now. 

I am not able to receive calls from my work and family which caused me lots of issues.

Thanks

Simon

@simon3046    Check your private message inbox (top right) for the Telus porting number you can call.

@simon3046   if that is the case, the porting is not completed and likely because you didn't reply the text?

you can try to call the Porting team and request them to reset the porting request to Fido.  I will message you the phone number.  Please check your Community inbox

simon3046
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

Thanks

Simon

ceej

@Saray_O Has been able to help me fix the porting issue. It seemed like the number was active as there was some activity occuring (texts/data/outgoing calls) so it looked like the port was successfull. She had to re-submit the port request with the Public Mobile Tech Team. And the Port now works successfully.

The FIDO account can no longer be accessed. 

Thanks PM Community. 

ceej

Sounds Good,

And thank you. I can only imagine the insane amount of requests that came in from the fall promotion.

I'll wait it out and keep an eye out. 

Thanks @Shazia_K. I appreciate your response!

samshikari

Hey @Shazia_K can you look at your PM?

Thanks 🙂

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ceej .... you see, sometimes patience will be rewarded... wish more [people would be this way....

let us know ( or mark as solution accepted ) if your issue has been resolved... but if Shazia says they will be with you shortly, then they will..

cheers

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @ceej

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

Your message will not go at the bottom of the queue, @Saray_O will be reaching out to you shortly. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

ceej

Yeah, I tried to limit my responses, however, it's hard when you figure some things out. You can't update a message, you have to reply back and it seems like it sends an entirely new message. 

So since one of the mod's replied already thinking that my issue is resolved? I would assume they close it out. However, when replying back to let them know it isn't fixed. I don't know if that goes back to the bottom of the queue or if it is a direct reply (in which case they can still treat as an active ticket).

Canis

Looks like there will be many in the same boat.   The issue looks to be people expecting a 48 hr turnaround email and email, again and again increase the backlog of  messages to go through. 

Some sort of automated queue system is needed to see where u are in the Queue, that your message was looked at,  pending, etc.

Forwarding to the New PM number is ok if your plan is Voice only.  Data is then unused on the old plan or u end up swapping sims back and forth.

ceej

I've read that. So I'm crossing my fingers. Again @Saray_O did respond to me last night, saying everything shoud be in order; however, I'm still experieincing the same issues as I have been the past two weeks. And FIDO just sent me a message about the upcoming bill. 

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@ceej  It's your lucky day! They just announced they are servicing ticket from the 19th, so theyre probably right on your service time.

Check out the post below.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-on-support/m-p/114863

@Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.