cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issue Friend

lorenzo1961
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi:

I have a friend of mine who is trying to port to Public from MTS-Bell and she is having issues with the port.

Can someone give me a number she can call to get them to help with the port please and thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

lorenzo1961

Happy to report that my friend was able to get her number ported. Thanks again for all the help!!!👏👏👏

If the porting team can't help, here is how you create a ticket.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1712608229046.png

lorenzo1961

Thanks to Handy1 and Phil_Adelphus for your help with the port. Hopefully the port team can help.

@lorenzo1961  I’ll private message you the porting team number . They can re trigger the port request for you 

lorenzo1961

Screenshot_20240408-150933.png

@lorenzo1961   Yes IMEI often causes problems, much better to just use the account number.  They don't always follow through with the contact, there is a number to call for specific porting issues.  she can call to see if they can help otherwise she needs to contact customer service using the chatbot icon bottom right to open a ticket.   I'll PM you the phone number.  

lorenzo1961

I think the issue is related to the fact she used the IMEI number of the phone which was purchased in Europe instead of the account number for the port. The account being ported is from Bell-MTS which is the Manitoba version of Bell. 

She got this message from public a couple of hours ago but no contact yet.

Hey, it's Public Mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect ESN/MEID. Someone from our team will contact you shortly using your original phone number or the alternate number provided.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@lorenzo1961  Please make sure your friends number can be ported to PM 

Check to see if # can be ported

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @lorenzo1961 

No, we are all customers just like you. There is no number for Public Mobile. These forums are your first line of support. What issues is she having? Maybe we can help you figure it out.

Need Help? Let's chat.