cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from a different account name in Fido to PM

shashankkatte
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Guys,

I want to port my wife's number from Fido to PM. However in Fido the number that wife is using is in my name. I want to create her own account on PM. will there be a problem trying to port from Fido ( my name) to PM (wife's name)

suggestions and clarity is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Shashank

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I should add to the port fraud protection process to what has already discussed.  When the number port is submitted, it is essential to acknowledge the port from the Fido end to confirm the port is valid.  See this help article on the port fraud protection process.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can port your Fido account over to PM to your wife's name.  Make sure to keep your account open during the porting process.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shashankkatte wrote:

Hey Guys,

I want to port my wife's number from Fido to PM. However in Fido the number that wife is using is in my name. I want to create her own account on PM. will there be a problem trying to port from Fido ( my name) to PM (wife's name)

suggestions and clarity is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Shashank

She can have her PM account under her name.  Her number can be ported to her account by providing your Fido account number, your name on Fido account and the phone number to be ported from your Fido account.

Make sure to keep her number at Fido during the porting process.

Fido may have implemented port fraud protection.  They may send  a text message to confirm about the port request.  Therefore, keep the Fido SIM in her phone to confirm the port.

FYI:

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.