cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting esim issue

Blackdragon1299
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I signed up for public yesterday, got a new number, and installed the esim to try out the service. Everything was good.

this morning I initiated a transfer from my profile, to bring my old number from Koodo postpaid over. Everything is successful and my public profile now says my old number is my public number. Even got a text saying it was successful. 

the problem is my esim for public says the old temporary number that I picked during activating my public - not my old ported number. How can I get this resolved?

7 REPLIES 7

Blackdragon1299

Oh - also if I call the temp public number I got it’s not in service. So I guess maybe just gotta give it more time to reflect on the eSIM? Really weird

Blackdragon1299

So my service is working, and funny enough even if I make a call from another phone to my ported number, it works! But my iPhone still recognizes this esim as the temp number…

Heather80

No help so far. Telus shows the port went through. Must be an issue with the esim and so far not getting any more help from PM @CS_Agent . Were you able to get it to work?

Blackdragon1299

Let me know if you figure out a solution

Heather80

I'm having the exact same issue. I'm using an IPhone 13.

Blackdragon1299

iPhone! Service works, but still shows as my temp public mobile number. Rebooted a few times. Does it sometimes take a few hours to transition?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Blackdragon1299 don't try to delete your esim, 

are you on iPhone or Android?

try to reboot the phone first and it should pickup the new phone number

Need Help? Let's chat.