cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting away from Public

purisma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I contacted Virgin Mobile to port my Public prepaid number over to them. I received no text from Public asking for my approval, and the port has not happened yet. In addition, I have tried four different browsers but all of them throw a 404 error when I try to follow the link to submit a support ticket. How can I get Public to approve the port request?

10 REPLIES 10

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Sevcan 

Not possible. There is no phone support or support at the retail level. PM no longer has a retail presence. Please edit your post.

@purisma 

Since you have to pay $15 to reactivate your account in order to port out ask virgin to assign a phone # to your account. Test out their services for a couple of weeks to ensure they live up to their promises. This way if you are unhappy with them you won't lose your pm account and any bonuses or points accumulated. If you have an old $$ rewards account consider keeping it or passing it forward to someone else to enjoy. ( Contact me via private message if this is something you would consider doing?)

In the meantime you can call forward your pm phone # to the virgin phone # while you test out their services. If you are satisfied you can port out around day 26 or so.....

Sevcan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would say Contact Public Mobile customer support by phone to resolve porting and approval issues. If an online submission fails, visit a physical store for assistance.

@purisma  Sounds like you’ve done your home work . And as with anything do what’s best for you and don’t look back . Koodo has wifi calling and human support too . Could make the porting process a little easier in this case now with suspended account . Where PM Koodo Telus all same umbrella 

Adding staying with the same beast . There’s often migration deals also 

purisma

It's complicated. One reason is that they have WiFi calling, a feature I haven't been able to use with Public and is essential for me. Another is human phone support (nice option even if the support often sucks). Public pricing and features are way better though.

@purisma  .yes the PM sim has to be active to receive the confirmation text to port the number out to virgin by replying YES to it . You will have 90 mins to reply . Or get virgin support to resend again 

purisma

It's a prepaid account and the money has run out. Still, the 90 day expiration period has not passed. Would I have to add funds to do the port?

@purisma  You really going to have to get virgin to resend request . But if you need the link to PM support here it is also

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

purisma

Since yesterday morning. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Exactly what @Handy1 said. Virgin is the only one who can initiate the port of your PM number. Your PM account has to be active. If there is no money on the account or has expired, the port will not go through. If your account has expired, purchase the cheapest tier of $15 to activate it.

Have to ask. Why go to Virgin? Do they give free data and INTL calling at Christmas? Do they give loyalty discounts? Do they have a crap load of customers on a forum like this that help you? 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@purisma  You will need virgin support to resend the request again . And make sure your PM account is still active . You need to keep it in the phone to reply YES to the text to confirm porting from PM sim 

Need Help? Let's chat.