cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a tablet number into a phone number

EJ37
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently have a plan with fido but I am planning to move into PM. I just found out my plan was a tablet plan and it did not have any ability to text or call. I was wondering if it was possible to still port this tablet plan to PM and turn it into a phone plan. If I can, I might not be able to receive the text message confirmation for porting as I mentioned my current plan has no text. What can I do about that?

7 REPLIES 7

@BKNS27 wrote:

@EJ37 

PM doesn’t have plans for tablets but check with an agent to confirm. Click on Chat icon and type in Submit a Ticket.

That isn't something that a ticket should be opened for as a customer support agent wouldn't be able to create a custom plan for any cutomer.

@EJ37  You can try the number in this Koodo number eligibility test.  If it is OK with Koodo then there's a reasonable chance it will port to PM.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do 

EJ37

I never said I wanted a PM tablet plan

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@EJ37 

PM doesn’t have plans for tablets but check with an agent to confirm. Click on Chat icon and type in Submit a Ticket.

EJ37

correct

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@EJ37   The tablet plan gives you a phone number but can't call or text?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @EJ37 from what I. understand, if you create a Fido tablet plan and g9t that number via that plan, you might not be able to port out that number.  Check with Fido support, it is thier call and not PM 

Need Help? Let's chat.