cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a phone

motozark1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife needs to port her Telus phone to PM but it is in my name and she wants to keep her number. I already have a account with PM for the last 5 years. Can we start a new account under her name and port this phone over using her current number under my name?

6 REPLIES 6

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

A while back I set up an account under my own name to test Public Mobile before switching from another provider.  My phone number with the other provider was a secondary line under my significant other's name.  When I decided to switch to PM I used the account number (not the IMEI which seems to cause problems for some) and my number ported just fine to PM leaving just the account holder's number with the other provider.  So it worked for me.

@softech wrote:

@motozark1 

yes, you can still port the number here, the name on the account does not matter.   You can request porting during Subscription.  All you need to provide PM are the phone number and Telus account number.    Your wife will get a text from Telus on her phone and she just need to reply YES within 90 mins

it's true that the new Public Mobile account can be in any name..  However, for the number porting submission, @motozark1's would have to be on the number porting form.

motozark1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for your help!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@motozark1  Yes you would have to to create a new account with in her name and with a different email and you will have option to transfer the number on activation . Be sure to use the app start to finish is best and just give Telus account number and ignore the IMEI number not needed . Leaving the Telus SIM card in phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port . And welcome to public mobile 🙂 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

And to add to @softech comment, do not forget to use YOUR referral code so she get's $10 off her bill in the second month and you always get $1 off a month for as long as you guys are married. I'm sure that was in your vows... wasn't it??

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@motozark1 

yes, you can still port the number here, the name on the account does not matter.   You can request porting during Subscription.  All you need to provide PM are the phone number and Telus account number.    Your wife will get a text from Telus on her phone and she just need to reply YES within 90 mins

Need Help? Let's chat.