cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number

shurixp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! I am trying to port a number from Public Mobile to Shaw, and the Shaw agent asked me to contact Public Mobile and let them know to accept the request manually. Would anyone be able to assist me with that?

12 REPLIES 12

LegusY
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Contact a support agent and he/she will be able to approve the request usually, the normal procedure is to keep the old sim (PM) and wait until you see a SMS for port out request which you have to reply "YES". But in this case, something might be messed up, then make sure you contact PM support agent within 3 hours of port request from Shaw, within that time frame, an agent from PM will be able to approve it. If 3 hours have passed, the request will be expired and you have to send a new one from Shaw and contact PM again within 3 hours.

shurixp

I appreciate it! Thank you!

@shurixp   your best friend is a VoIP app, you can download it and call yourself on the app just like a real phone

try Fongo or Textnow

but in your case, it is clear that the porting has not been completed yet because you can still login to PM My Account.    If you replied YES, I would not be too concern, on an odd days, porting could take longer

But if you like open ticket with PM support for an update:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

While you are waiting for PM reply, try to login to PM Self-Server every 30 mins.  when you cannot login, that mean porting completed.

shurixp

I still can log in, yes.  My Shaw SIM is in now. I do not have an access landline or an alternative phone.

@shurixp wrote:

I did it via SMS. and received an SMS. Replied YES. It is still not ported after 4-5 hours.

@shurixp   can you still log into My Account?  is your PM sim card still working?

If you already have Shaw sim card in a phone, reboot it once and try to make a call to yourself from a landline

shurixp

I initially received an SMS and replied YES. Waited 3 hours, changed SIM cards, and disposed of the old SIM card. However, the number is still not ported. Shaw support recommended contacting Public Mobile support to do it manually.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @shurixp   Contacting support team as the first suggested might not work

Unless in some very special situation, you need to say Yes to the porting request yourself.  

I think just contacting support team without understanding this will just waste you more time.

shurixp

I did it via SMS. and received an SMS. Replied YES. It is still not ported after 4-5 hours.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@shurixp   why PM has to manually accept the port?  Porting authentication should be done by you with SMS.  PM will send you an SMS and you reply YES within 90 mins

Critical thing is your PM account MUST BE ACTIVE.  I don't think they can exempt that if you are moving to Shaw's

If your account is active but you are not receiving the text , then message PM with this direct link:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

shurixp

Thank you! Will do.

@shurixp wrote:

Hello! I am trying to port a number from Public Mobile to Shaw, and the Shaw agent asked me to contact Public Mobile and let them know to accept the request manually. Would anyone be able to assist me with that?

There usually isn't a need to get it approved manually.  A text message gets sent to your Public Mobile phone/service and you're required to reply to it within 90 minutes.  After doing that, the rest is automatic.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@shurixp 

If you have not received the SMS to authorize the transfer request for your phone number, you’ll need to contact a Customer Support Agent.by Chatbot

or contact to support team by private message CS_Agent 

Need Help? Let's chat.