Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number to another account

AnnOnymous
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent

Hello,

I am unable to create a ticket as I am encountering an error message and therefore messaging here as per the instructions I received from the chat bot.

I would to port my number to another provider. I have attempted to do this but have been told by the new carrier that an error was encountered. Therefore, I am following up here to see if there is some way to resolve the issue.

Please note that afterwards I would like to continue using my Public Mobile account with a different number. However, if it is not possible to resolve this issue then I will not renew my Public Mobile subscription.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@AnnOnymous if you still have PM account . You can change your number on your existing PM account up to 4x in a 30 day cycle for free here’s how . In your account profile page 

Change # on profile tabs

Handy1_0-1695399718937.jpeg

AnnOnymous
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for all of the helpful replies. I reached back out to the other carrier and after several more tries the sms message finally came through.

I was hoping to assign a new number to my existing PM account as I had an ongoing subscription but I take it that this is now gone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@AnnOnymous 

What you're looking to do cannot be done.

Once you port your number, the account is permanently closed.   It cannot continue with a different number.

If your goal is to retain your own number with another provider, the key to them 'pulling' that number there is whether it was a number originally assigned by them in the first place.  If it wasn't, you're out of luck.

Your options are, therefore:

1. port your number to another provider, keep the number there, your PM account is kaput
  2. change your number here, in hopes that another provider can successfully draw that number for the service there (consult with them first), then your existing PM account remains active with the changed number
  3. stay with Public Mobile 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

"Please note that afterwards I would like to continue using my Public Mobile account with a different number. However, if it is not possible to resolve this issue then I will not renew my Public Mobile subscription."

Once you port out your number your Public Mobile account will automatically close.  You can always start a new one with a different number although you will have lost the rewards/points from the previous account

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @AnnOnymous ask your new carrier if any issue with the phone number itself. Some numbers cannot be ported into some carriers.

also, you provide them your PM account number? it is better to give them account number

if you really need PM agent help, submit ticket here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AnnOnymous  You just. Need to make sure your PM account is active and start the port with new carrier leaving the PM SIM card in phone to reply YES to the confirmation text PM will send you to port . But here’s link to support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.