cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number over from Bell to Public?

Megrobin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does it take up to 3 days for an existing number to be ported over from Bell to Public Mobile? I switch carriers yesterday, paid off my outstanding bill with Bell and I seem to have full access to my PM subscription. However I have no service anywheres? Only SOS? Has anybody experienced this? How long did it take for your number to activate with PM? 
thank you! 

13 REPLIES 13

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

liuxinbing_0-1714575471955.png

his PM is working now. No issues. 

So it is just matters of waiting/patience. No reboot necessary (nothing wrong if you want to), not the issue with dual sim.

hI @liuxinbing 

yes, dual sim should work, but the reason it matters is that people are not experienced enough and more confused with 2 sims.  When call comes in , not everyone know which sim it comes from.  So, it is best and easier to setup with a single sim first

and @Megrobin  since it show SOS for PM sim card, I don't think the PM account was setup properly.  you will need support agent to check.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

liuxinbing

Well, from your screen capture, the PM works now, it is the old bell shows SOS. So you could remove the bell sim out because it is useless anyway. You are done.

liuxinbing

I don't think dual sim would matter. The phone is designed that way to have one phsycal sim and one esim. I have had both working on mine before.

Just reboot your phone anyway. If problem stays, you would have to contact CS Agent.

Megrobin

It’s Apple- IPhone 13 Pro. Not android. 

IMG_0079.png

Megrobin

Oh my god!! I have an ESIM with PM and I definitely still have the bell physical sim in this phone as well!!! I’ll try removing the old sim and seeing if that fixes my issue. Thank you so much!!! I never would have thought of that lol 

liuxinbing

don't know what you are describing, so I guess it is android. Then you might need to reboot. 

HI @Megrobin 

do you have both sim card or esim (old carrier and Public mobile ) on the same phone?

if you have the old carrier one there, remove it and have only Public Mobile there, what do you see on the status?

Megrobin

I paid my final bill after porting the number- roughly 4 hours after. I seem to have 2 signals in the top left corner and there’s a (D) that has full connection then a (P) just below it that says SOS ONLY and I’m unable to make phone calls (but can receive) and cannot send or receive text messages. 

liuxinbing

Initialize the port request at PM app to port from bell. It took few minutes to receive porting confirmation request from bell. After replying yes, it took 30 minutes for my iphone to get PM signal. No reboot is needed; Android might need to.

A week later came the final bill from bell. Since you already got the final bill from bell, are you sure your bell number was still active while porting?

Megrobin

It’s definitely been more than 2 hours. I put a ticket in over an hour ago and waiting to hear from somebody. I’m able to make & receive phone calls? Could it have anything to do with me having an ESIM and not a regular one? 
The bot is extremely unhelpful in this situation.
thanks! 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Megrobin  It should not take more then 2 hours to port a number to PM . But if you have no services and getting SOS . Then I think the sim needs to be reprovisioned please 

submit ticket with support to help . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_0-1714563506203.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send  direct  private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Megrobin wrote:

Does it take up to 3 days for an existing number to be ported over from Bell to Public Mobile? I switch carriers yesterday, paid off my outstanding bill with Bell and I seem to have full access to my PM subscription. However I have no service anywheres? Only SOS? Has anybody experienced this? How long did it take for your number to activate with PM? 

Try restarting your phone.  If you still don't have Public Mobile service, please open a ticket to contact a Public Mobile customers support agent.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Of note is how even if there is a porting issue, the porting department at Telus should not be contacted for this type of situation.  First, you'll need to figure out why there's not Public Mobile service and get that resolved before wanting to check on the number porting.

Need Help? Let's chat.