cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number in the future

ACCORD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I purchase a plan with PM today but port my number at the end of the month? My contract expires at the end of the month.

8 REPLIES 8

Ahhh.... i figured there might be a time-limited promotion prompting that inquiry.

Makes sense.   

Thanks @dabr !!

😉

@HALIMACS wrote:

@ACCORD 

You can activate with a temporary number, as previously suggested, but why bother activating now when you can do it a few days before the end of your cycle with your current provider?

There's no point paying two plans simultaneously for an extended period.

@HALIMACS    Maybe OP is interested in activating on the $45/20GB plan with $6 off for 12 months and today is the last day of the promo discount, unless PM decides to extend the promo date that is...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ACCORD 

You can activate with a temporary number, as previously suggested, but why bother activating now when you can do it a few days before the end of your cycle with your current provider?

There's no point paying two plans simultaneously for an extended period.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ACCORD 

There are no expiry date on the SIM so you can activate it anytime but if you can order directly from PM it may take up to 3 weeks at $10. You can also pick one up at your local Telus/Koodo store for $10 right away.

You can order one from Amazon.ca on sale for $4.99 and 2 day shipping if you are on Prime.

CCS are sold out.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@ACCORD wrote:

Can I purchase a plan with PM today but port my number at the end of the month? My contract expires at the end of the month.

@ACCORD , in case it hasn’t already been said please make sure your account with your previous provider is still active (I would give at least 2-3 days before your contract expires incase theres issues, just my opinion) when you do request the port over to Public Mobile & have your previous provider’s SIM card in your phone to approve the port request text with YES within 90 minutes of receiving the text message.

Do you already have a Public Mobile SIM card? If not & you order one on here it can take up to 3 weeks (took over 3 weeks to receive mine) to receive one from Public Mobile delivered through Canada Post! If you have a Telus, Koodo, or Mobile Klinik store nearby you may be able to purchase one there in person & then activate online at home.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/nb/store-locator

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ACCORD 

Just to confirm, check to see if your number can be ported from this Koodo website (Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile), so, same allowances here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Then pick up / order a public mobile SIM card and log into your My Account to perform the change number/port.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

ACCORD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great thank you for the quick reply.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ACCORD 

YES.  that can be done

just pick a new number when you activate

When you are ready to port, login to My Account and go to profile page and request change phone number there

Need Help? Let's chat.