cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number from Fido to Public Mobile but with different account names

Amberjade
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am currently a Public Mobile subscriber but my account is under my husband's name when we opened it. My husband would like to transfer his Fido account to PM but PM does not allow as he has already an existing account (it gives an error "You already have an existing account").

So now I have to open a separate account under my name for him. Will he be able to port his Fido number which is under his name to the PM account which is under my name?

I hope you can advise. He'd really like to get that promo expiring in March 6 (50GB Canada-US plan).

Thanks!

Amber

7 REPLIES 7

@Amberjade   He'd really like to get that promo expiring in March 6 (50GB Canada-US plan)

Just to note it's March 4 not March 6 so you may have a bit less time than you thought.

Amberjade

Thanks! Caching issues indeed. Cleared the cache and it worked. Thanks sir!

This website is known for cache issues. When you're in the middle of something new, on the next "page" sort of speak you expect it to be a continuation of what you're doing but the website reads an older cache when "turning the page" and creates the error. That's the most simple way I can describe it. It's a pain. 

You can always try a different browser. Or use the phone app.

Amberjade

I understand what you are saying but I dont understand why that's not what we are experiencing. It always errors out as mentioned above. He has tried opening 2 different emails, same error. Weird.

To me, it kind of sounds like a cache issue when using your browser. Try to clear the cache, history and cookies. Then restart the browser and try again. Or you can try a different browser.  Or even in Incognito mode.

Amberjade

He opened another PM account, different email but under his name. But when he tried to subscribe to a plan, it gives the error "You already have an existing account" and can't subscribe to the plan. Note that my phone is on a different account (different email, but under his name). I tried changing my account to my own name, but it still gives an error for him. What's the right way to proceed? 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Amberjade 

He/You can have as many accounts as you want under your name or his. You just have to use different email addresses. Trust me. I know several guys here who have 4 or more plans under their names. They just use different email addresses for each account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.