cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number from Bell

VaDer33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I activated my Public Mobile account last week and at that time requested my existing number be ported over from Bell.  Apparently I missed a text from Bell authorizing this and they have locked my number.  I contacted them and they said I need another Port request from Public Mobile. Problem is I turned my old phone in and do not know the IMEI number any longer so how can I get Public Mobile to send another Port request to Bell?

2 REPLIES 2

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@VaDer33 

You may restart the port process by submitting a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

• Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Edit, you said you turned in your Bell old phone...does that mean you do not have the Bell SIM card any longer? Then, once you contact Public Mobile via the ticket and they let you know they restart the process, you may need to get a verbal port approval from Bell.

Do you have the Bell account number the phone number was registered under. That is best to use when porting. And ensure the Bell account is ACTIVE.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@VaDer33 

If you might have missed the SMS step ,  there is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.