cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a Landline ?

GusP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone have any expirence porting a landline ? If so how did that go and how long did it take ? 

My mom is switching her Bell landline to cell and coming over here to Public Mobile. 

Can you port a landline at activation ? Or will you have to talk to the Moderators after activating to port a landline ? 

11 REPLIES 11

@pcroutch don't forget a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

pcroutch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the help.  I was told 24 - 48 hours to port my landline to my temporary phone number given....So I will just wait if it takes up to 5 days.  Or in 6 days I will trying doing it on the public mobile website.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GusP 

@GusP wrote:

@shep22 Yeah it makes sense to get a temporary number because if anything goes wrong the moderators are one reply away. 

For the alternative phone number is that just if anything goes wrong or is passed to bell as a verification to port ? Because I don't think her bell account has a alternative number.

@GusP the whole process went very smooth for me when I did it a few weeks ago with the help of all the fine folks that helped me here @geopublic @gblackma  comes to mind😁

@GusP wrote:

@shep22 Yeah it makes sense to get a temporary number because if anything goes wrong the moderators are one reply away. 

For the alternative phone number is that just if anything goes wrong or is passed to bell as a verification to port ? Because I don't think her bell account has a alternative number.

The alternative number should be set to a number you can be reached at if PM needs to contact you if there are any issues with your port.

shep22

@GusP wrote:

@GusP yes it's just to contact you if there are problems

GusP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @GusP ,

I ported my Bell home phone to Public Mobile. You can do the whole thing on the activation page.

How to Activate:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

Follow these instructions and it should go as smoothly as my activation did. The porting took about 3 days to complete for me. No need to notify Bell, but you can if you want to.

Also, there should be no need to contact the Moderators to complete this.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@GusP  Takes ~5 days to port. Best to pick a temporary number and then setup the port. If for any reason the account does not get provisioned properly during activation setting up the landline port at the same time will just complicate things further.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GusP 

Porting a landline takes about 1 week to port.  

You should get a temporary PM number first during activation.

Then port the landline number after your mother like the PM service before porting her landline number to PM.

shep22

@GusP wrote:

Does anyone have any expirence porting a landline ? If so how did that go and how long did it take ? 

My mom is switching her Bell landline to cell and coming over here to Public Mobile. 

Can you port a landline at activation ? Or will you have to talk to the Moderators after activating to port a landline ? 

@GusP yes you can port at activation but it is recomended to take a temp number at activation because it take 3 to five days for port to complete then contact a moderator they will need 

Landline Phone Number Transfer

Alternate Phone Number

Complete billing address

First and Last Name of the account holder

account number Bell

To complete your port-in request, please open click this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. Include the above info.

Note Landline ports can take up to 5 business days to complete.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@GusP you can port at activation. It will take at least 7 days and up to 2 weeks to complete. Her Bell account must be active to port. The port will close it once its completed.  Remove the credit card off of the acccount if its only for the phone. Stay safe. 

Here's 3 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if you need them:

1.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
2.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
3. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Need Help? Let's chat.