cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a Landline Number

David_F
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in the process of porting a number from a landline to PM.  This was initiated on Dec 20.  I'm getting conflicting information from different PM CS agents as to how long it takes.  Has anyone here done a port from a landline number and can provide an idea of how long it took to complete.

BTW: Please do not ping me with referral offers or to direct me to DM the PM CS Agent.

3 REPLIES 3

Ladie1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

David_F I ported my landline number from Bell MTS to PM in early December.   It's usually 2-3 business days.  Unfortunately I made the request just before the weekend, so those 2-3 workdays morphed into 4-5 calendar days.  With your request made the Wednesday before Christmas and Boxing Day on the following Monday & Tuesday, so it might be tomorrow or even a bit later.

I was in a bind because I was leaving for the US right away, so I called Bell and a CS agent was able to tell me exactly when to expect it to be complete.   If your situation is similar you might do likewise since apparently the longer part of the process is with your landline provider, not with PM.

Hope it goes well for you!

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yes, normally during regular business days and given everything goes according to plan this only takes maximum of 2 days; but from my experience it might take around 3 days usually. But then these days most probably there might be limited support capacity due to Christmas and holidays on both sides and therefore you are experiencing longer than normal wait times. I don't know whether you can exactly know how much time it takes. But if I were to guess I would say end of this week.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@David_F  usually 3-5 days but can be up to a week and with Xmas nothing was open so tomorrow or next day should be complete is my guess 

Need Help? Let's chat.