cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Problem

Braams
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Moving from Telus to public.  I set up the account 20 hours ago.  Never received the text to port my number.  I finally received it today at 9am.  I replied yes and about 2 hours later I received a text welcoming me to public mobile.  My public mobile sim still comes up unregistered sim even after resetting the network and power cycling.  My old Telus sim still works normally.  I have tried the public sim in other phones and it comes up unregistered.  All other sims work fine in the phone including other public mobile sims.  I have opened a service ticket and the person tells me there is a problem with the account setup yet everything was done correctly.  This whole process has been a nighmare and yet I have set up 3 phones and ported all 3 with no issues.  Telus assures me everything has been removed from them to public mobile yet we still have full telus service on that sim and public mobiles sim keeps coming up unregistered sim.  Our account shows it is registered when I access it..  

33 REPLIES 33

@Braams Gald it finally got resolved.  In case for any issue in the future, check with the Community and you will be surprised that it might be able to give you a solution or workaround very quick 

Welcome to PM and Enjoy!!

@Braams wrote:

Finally after 26 hours it is finally working.  Thanks for your help

@Braams  - good to hear!

👍

Braams

Finally after 26 hours it is finally working.  Thanks for your help

@Braams   don't get upset, it's not great but it is not uncommon that there could be activation issue with any carrier.    Hang on to it.   Once activation is completed, it will be fine

Yes, PM support is all online, but most the time, you don't have to call your provider for support. 

Braams

I now have a new CS Rep named Alex with no solution also.  Definitely a waste of time.  We need to find a cell company that knows what they are doing

Braams

This is my most recent message to Edith.  My useless CS Rep.  surprisingly no reply.

I need some answers.  This was set up for my 85 year old father inlaw.  This entire SCREWUP has costed him no cell phone or any way to communicate with anyone in an emergency. His wife just had a tumour removed and in hospital and he has no way to know how she is doing or if anything okay.    I need you to get your head out of your you know what and get this phone up and running for him and quit giving me excuses for the last 8 hours.  How would you like it if I took away your families only means of communication in an emergency?  Get on this now

Braams

I have been sitting in front of my computer working on this since 9am this morning and it is now 5pm.   I didnt get paid for this.  This was all set up for a 85 year old to help them out and it has resulted in an 85 year old loosing his phone which leaves him with no way to contact anyone in an emergency.

Yes, I notice that getting a response, proper response, during holiday is hard.  But it is no excuse.  In fact, holiday is not an excuse to some business, Activation certainly higher  during weekend and holiday.  They should have more staff on those days and not understaff like other business. 

@Braams I guess you should demand for some compensation when the issue is finally resolved.  Afterall, who wants to start a year with headache like this.

Braams

No update at all.  Everytime I try to open a new ticket she messages me back with anothe excuse.  She said she escalated but that was 6 hours ago and no results

@Braams   but unregistered SIM is more a backend issue and not a faulty SIM problem.  did the CS Agent provide you any update?

Braams

My wife bought the sim from wow mobile and we aske the rep if we could get this one replaced because it could be possibly a bad sim, the girl at wow mobile actually was the most rude person I have ever seen.  My wife ended up screaming back at her because the girl was trying to give my wife a cell phone lesson and all she wanted was a new sim

@Braams wrote:

I have actually put it into two other cell phones on public mobile and same result.  Unregistered sim.  Everytime I try to open another ticket to get a different cs rep that edith messages me and tells me she has escalated to technical service.  Honestly we know it does not take moving on 8 hours to sync a sim to an account.  At least that is the excuse she is using now.

@Braams  - well it is New Year's Day.

And, that is good there is still CSA's responding to you. If you got responses today, I would not open any more tickets today.

Hopefully soon a fix will be in place!

If the SIM is a dud...do you have a spare you can use to swap it on this account?

Braams

I have actually put it into two other cell phones on public mobile and same result.  Unregistered sim.  Everytime I try to open another ticket to get a different cs rep that edith messages me and tells me she has escalated to technical service.  Honestly we know it does not take moving on 8 hours to sync a sim to an account.  At least that is the excuse she is using now.

@Braams wrote:

As per Telus.  The port is complete yet we are still using the telus sim normally.  Telus is stumped because it should not be working.

As per Public mobile chatbot customer service rep (Edith).  There is a problem with the public mobile sim activation.  Yet it shows the sim in the account and when I try to put it in it comes up unregistered.

I have reset the network setting about 10 times.

I have tried to change the sim card by inputting the sim number again in the account and it tells me invalid sim number 

@Braams  - I don't think I have read that you tried the SIM card into another compatible phone.

Did you try this, and if so, does it result with any services in another device?

You cannot input the SIM number in your Self Serve of a card that is already been activated.

This Change Sim Card feature is for changing SIM card numbers for damaged SIM or lost SIMs.

Braams

The entire issue is definitely public mobile.  Edith my rep keeps changing what the problem is.  Here are her replies showing that they are not sure of what the issue is.  It never takes over 7 hours to fix a simple sim not registered problem.

Message 1

Hello there!

I'm sorry for the late reply. I see that the account is still the same. Allow me to send the Ticket to the Technical Department and they will fix the problem and as well we will check why you are not able to access online.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards
Edith
Customer Support Agent

Message 2

Hello there!

I have escalated the problem to the technical department already. They are going to fix that problem because the SIM card  did not get activated and there are some orders that need to be approved.

As soon as I get a resolution, I will let you know.

Best Regards
Edith
Customer Support Agent

Message 3

Hello there!

As mentioned before the problem is not from TELUS. There was a sync issue and the SIM card was not properly activated. We will really appreciate if you can give us the time to work on that since it has been escalated to the Technical Department they will contact you. 

Thank you kindly.

Best Regards
Edith
Customer Support Agent

@Braams wrote:

I have ported three accounts in the past and never had any issues.  This is clearly an issue with public mobile.  Even if I attempt to go into the account and change the sim card.  As soon as I enter the new sim number which is our sim we purchased it comes back and tells me invalid sim number.  This clearly tells me that there is a sim problem on publics side

You wouldn't be able tell the Self Serve system to change to a system card that has already been activated. Other than restarting your phone if you haven't already done that, the only other thing you can do is wait for the customer support agent to give an update.

Braams

I have ported three accounts in the past and never had any issues.  This is clearly an issue with public mobile.  Even if I attempt to go into the account and change the sim card.  As soon as I enter the new sim number which is our sim we purchased it comes back and tells me invalid sim number.  This clearly tells me that there is a sim problem on publics side

@Anonymous wrote:

@Braams 

i will provide you a phone number for port department.

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

The customer shouldn't call the porting department.  This is actually the worst possible thing to do in this type of situation.  The Public Mobile SIM card not having any service isn't related to number porting.  Having the port complete would cause the customer the port to complete to a Public Mobile account that isn't working.  The completion of number porting won't make the Public Mobile service start working.  Porting Team can't help with this.

@Braams wrote:

I did get the text and yes we did reply yes at 9 am this morning.  I did contact public mobile customer support and they have told me there is an issue with the sim activation and they were sending a message to the dept.  I have not heard back form the rep for 2 hours now and still nothing working on public but have full telus service

I know that you can't undo it now, but in cases in which a customer acivates a new Public Mobile account and requests a number to be ported in, the customer shouldn't reply to the porting text message until after the unegistered Public Mobile SIM card issue is resolved. This is because that could cause the number porting to complete. Until that issue is solved, you wouldn't want porting to complete. Otherwise, that would cause loss of all access to your phone number until the Public Mobile activation issue is fixed (the porting issue is a seperate issue).

edit:  in one of your later messages, I see that you said that your Telus service no longer works

@Braams Good sign with Telus SIM, porting completed

Honest, SIM and porting is an interesting process and t does not work perfectly all the time.  Luckily you don't have to do it often either.  Just get through the trouble and you can enjoy the service and saving  🙂

Reply the message with CS Agent Edith and ask for update.  To be honest, it's a holiday today, while there are staff working, the reply usually a bit slow.  Let's hope it will be working soon.  Please give us the update, give us the good news when you have one. 

Braams

At this point we now have both telus and public mobile as unregistered sims.  Our telus sim does not work anymore.  Really beginning to rethink this whole thing.  Never seen such problems and I am not getting any replies from our customer service rep from public mobile that I opened a ticket with

@Braams  Just keep using your Telus SIM until it stops. As you've had confirmation that PM is trying to get it sorted, nothing else you can do.

As a worst case scenario backup (Telus & PM SIMs both stop working), consider adding the TextNow app for free calling/texting on wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Braams wrote:

As per Telus.  The port is complete yet we are still using the telus sim normally.  Telus is stumped because it should not be working.

You should call the porting support number again.  It is Telus Support team and they can see the status on both Telus and PM side.  Tell them your Telus sim still working (actually, reboot your phone with Telus and maybe it will stop working after a reboot

As per Public mobile chatbot customer service rep (Edith).  There is a problem with the public mobile sim activation.  Yet it shows the sim in the account and when I try to put it in it comes up unregistered.

Just reply the message with Edith  and see what she says.  SIM unregistered is certainly a SIM issue and not much you can do.  You can try to put your SIM in another phone just in case it is a device issue, but bigger chance that it is a backend issue.

Braams

I have reset the network setting about 10 times.

I have tried to change the sim card by inputting the sim number again in the account and it tells me invalid sim number 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Braams 

My friend also did the same thing and replied with YES 4 hours later. He created a ticket with a CS_Agent and the agent called him the next day to see if everything was working and it was working fine.

Since it is a stay holiday, PM might be working with a skeleton crew today.

It sounds like the porting wasn’t completed but it will eventually work out for you.

Meanwhile, you can continue to use your Telus SIM until the agent completed the porting process.

Also try rebooting your phone…it might help but it could be a backend issue with Telus.

@Braams wrote:

We started this process yesterday at 5pm, we received the confirmation message from public at 9 am tht the port was successful.  We are still getting unregistered sim 4 1/2 hours later and yet we are still able to use the telus sim which is deactivated according to telus.

@Braams   this is good that porting completed (you can confirm again by putting your Telus SIM in a phone and the Telus SIM should not be working anymore)

for your SIM not registered issue, you have to open a ticket with PM.  Did you say you opened one already?  did you open with Chatbot?  If not, or you can open another one and hope this one will go faster:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Braams

We started this process yesterday at 5pm, we received the confirmation message from public at 9 am tht the port was successful.  We are still getting unregistered sim 4 1/2 hours later and yet we are still able to use the telus sim which is deactivated according to telus.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Braams   Sound like you have 2 issues here

SIM showing unregistered.  This could be the SIM not properly provisioned on the back end.  You will need to open a ticket with PM Support and have them to confirm on the system

Porting issue. Your Telus SIM is still working so the port is not completed.   It has been about 2 hours but it could still be ok. Usually porting completed around 30 mins after you replied YES but it could take 2 hours.  But on an odd day, it could take even longer.  You can call the porting support team to get it sorted out.  You got the phone number yet?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Braams 

when you give them a call if the say contact to public mobile

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Braams 

i will provide you a phone number for port department.

Need Help? Let's chat.