cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number is Blocked

Messomup
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, there is a port block on my phone number which I would like to have removed in order to move my phone number to a new provider. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks. 

31 REPLIES 31

@Messomup 

Are you porting to koodo prepaid? If so then a similar procedure to koodo prepaid accounts transferring to pm must occur. Since the two providers share the same back end system you don't actually port your number out of pm into koodo rather a number transfer occurs manually by a customer service agent. Thus you must take a temporary phone number to set up your account and then ask a CSA to transfer your pm number to your koodo account. 

I'm not 100% sure what the opposite process is (pm to koodo) but it probably works pretty much the same way....if this is the case for you?

@Messomup wrote:

I have contacted Koodo and they have told me they should be able to port the number over sometime over the next 24 hours, it sounds like there is a process involved to complete the task and someone is currently working on it. Thank you everyone for your assistance, I appreciate all of your help!

Oh, you are porting to Koodo, that is a relatively easy port.  Let us know how it turns out.

@softech wrote:

@Messomup wrote:

The original phone number is from Canmore and I am in Airdrie, which is why I am told the port is blocked. 

@Messomup Which provider you are trying to port to?  and what is the area code and first 3 digits after the area code?  

The only thing I can think of is due to "rate centre", your new provider might not be able to take your number from Canmore because ofthat.  

Opps...forget it. 

Messomup

I have contacted Koodo and they have told me they should be able to port the number over sometime over the next 24 hours, it sounds like there is a process involved to complete the task and someone is currently working on it. Thank you everyone for your assistance, I appreciate all of your help!

@Messomup wrote:

The original phone number is from Canmore and I am in Airdrie, which is why I am told the port is blocked. 

@Messomup Which provider you are trying to port to?  and what is the area code and first 3 digits after the area code?  

The only thing I can think of is due to "rate centre", your new provider might not be able to take your number from Canmore because ofthat.  

@Messomup  let us know what they said after talking to porting team.

if no porting request was ever put in, just put in one and then PM will review.  I still don't thknk your number is blocked from port

@hTideGnow 

A minute behind the times...😉!

@Messomup wrote:

I put in the new sim and called my wife, the number coming up is a temporary number they gave me until the port can be unblocked. So the number has not been ported.

Interesting.  Even the number is not ported yet, when you make outgoing calls on you new provider sim, it should see how your own number (the number you want to port) , it shouldn't show the temp number..  Unless porting was not request during activation.

I will send you PM porting team number.  You can call them and confirm the porting status .  Please check the envelope icon on the top.  Will message you the number there

@Messomup 

Check your private messages. I sent you the number. Please don't share it in the community as its for porting issues only. Then follow the instructions in my earlier post.

@Messomup wrote:The original phone number is from Canmore and I am in Airdrie, which is why I am told the port is blocked. 
Yes, I provided the correct account number. I am now unable to login to my public mobile account. Sorry, I do not know what PM is.

Just re reading  your post. Your port is blocked because you moved? That is plain Bull S. Were you talking to an employee that was new or afraid to ask for help? Talk to manager at store in Airdrie. The manager should see the value of keeping you as a customer. 

Messomup

I put in the new sim and called my wife, the number coming up is a temporary number they gave me until the port can be unblocked. So the number has not been ported.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@Messomup 

If your account is closed then the port should have gone thru....call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number. If the message says we cannot locate your phone number then your port completed and your account automatically closed.

If you can access your account and recieve the basic account details then you need put your pm sim card back into your phone. Call the telus porting department number with your pm account number and reinitiate the port request. Then reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it.

You can then put your koodo sim card back in your phone and wait for your port to complete. Once that happens (max 2 hours) you will then recieve incoming calling on your koodo sim card.

in a kind of related way, I had an issue porting out when I did last time to one of rogers flankers (its easy to guess which) where the rep eventually found a way to call the porting team public has (and they do have one the number just isn't open to the common customer these days) that was a fun journey but they get the job done quick.

@Messomup 

If your account is closed then the port should have gone thru....call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number. If the message says we cannot locate your phone number then your port completed and your account automatically closed.

If you can access your account and recieve the basic account details then you need put your pm sim card back into your phone. Call the telus porting department number with your pm account number and reinitiate the port request. Then reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it.

You can then put your koodo sim card back in your phone and wait for your port to complete. Once that happens (max 2 hours) you will then recieve incoming calling on your koodo sim card.

@Messomup wrote:

I can no longer log on to my account. The agent at Mobile Shop told me that my number was blocked from being ported and I had to post a message on PM community to have someone remove the port block for me. 

You need to log into account and see what the status is. 

Or contact a CSA and see if they can give your account status. 

Can any one else verify if you can get account status by dialling 611?

@Messomup wrote:

I can no longer log in to my public mobile account as of approximately 30 minutes ago.

Might be locked out temporarily. 

Wait an hour and or try another browser. 

How can you say.....them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.....

What does it mean?

Is them.....really then?

Is help you 100%.....mean 100% they will respond?

Or does 100% help you mean a 100% resolution to solve the OPs request?

What  is causing the issue?  If it was caused by OP, there might NOT be a resolution. Any decent replies will may lead to requests  for more information  “if” the OP has not fully disclosed their issue. Thus the replies can provide a clear and concise answer (resolution or a tough luck..it’s not fixable) vs a slew of uninformative (waste of time)  help, only to make it more confusing  to the OP. The OP should not have to assume anything.  Let’s not drown the OP!!!!!

@Messomup   is there any service with your PM line now?  If it was working earlier and no longer working now, it looks like the number was successfully ported.   Same thing, if you can login to My Account before but not now, it is a good sign that number was ported and hence your account was closed.

The phone with your new provider SIM, reboot it once more and it should work

Messomup

I can no longer log on to my account. The agent at Mobile Shop told me that my number was blocked from being ported and I had to post a message on PM community to have someone remove the port block for me. 

Messomup

My payments were up to date.

Messomup

Yes.

Messomup

I can no longer log in to my public mobile account as of approximately 30 minutes ago.

Messomup

Thanks, I have sent a message as per the instructions provided.

Messomup

The account was active until about a half hour ago when the agent tried to move my phone number to Koodo. Now I am unable to login to my public mobile account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Messomup 

when you do from public mobile porting out to another company your account will be immediately close, and also if you didn't pay for 90 days also is will be close,

@Messomup wrote:

Yes, I provided the correct account number. I am now unable to login to my public mobile account. Sorry, I do not know what PM is.

Were you still using the PM (Public Mobile) service before you request the porting?  

@Messomup wrote:

Sorry, I do not know what PM is.

PM is short for Public Mobile.

Why would your location matter to PM? Is your account still active? Who told you your porting is blocked? PM?

Messomup

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Messomup 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Messomup wrote:

Hello, there is a port block on my phone number which I would like to have removed in order to move my phone number to a new provider. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks. 

Porting block ? If that account has been closed, you won't be able to port. How long has this plan been suspended since last renewal expired.

Need Help? Let's chat.